Streacom FC10 Build ideas
I'm looking to build a new HTPC and wanted to get some thoughts.
This is going to be my ultimate end all and be all build. I'm looking at form and function. There really isn't a price cap for this.
I'm wanting this machine to do everything I currently do plus things I don't even know I want to do yet

I seriously thing I've narrowed the case down to

I really like the fact that its fan less as well as the over all aesthetic of case.

However, from there it gets a bit fuzzy. I'm brand partial to ASUS. I've had nothing but luck with that company.
All my machines plus my laptop have something to do with them.

I've been thinking of going with.
Motherboard:

ASUS Z97-PRO

If any of the components get in the way there is always the HT4 Thermal Riser

Processor: (might be way over kill but like I said I want this thing to do things I haven't even thought of yet)

Intel Core i7-4790S Haswell Quad-Core 3.2GHz

SSD:

Crucial M550 256Gb

According to this Website. This is one of the best SSD fo the money right now.
I'm looking to have one of the fastest read times, due to the fact all my storage is on an unraid server.

Memory:

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB)

Not sure on the speeds of the memory if anybody has any suggestions I'm all ears.

The PSU is taken care of through a 160 W PicoPSU

Optical Drive is through the recommended Blu-ray Drive

OS: I'm planning on going through Windows 8.1. So I'll be able to run Blu-ray disks w/ the use of MakeMKV. (However, I absolutly love Openelec on my curent HTPC)

Unless somebody has a Play Blu-rays on Linux for dummies.

TV-Tuner/TV Card: - Not 100% on this one. Might be a much later purchase. (no cable at the moment. just internet)

Ceton InfiniTV 6

IR Receiver: Still not 100% on this option as there are other options listed on Streacom's website.

Flirc-SE

IR Receiver option 2:

Streacom-ST-IRPB

Video card: Dum dum dummmm.

This one I have no clue. I want Full 1080P, possibly 4K, 3D naturally. After that. I'm not sure. It has to be low profile for the case. but I have no idea where to begin on this.

Thanks for reading and atleast looking.
Hey ,
I see your post is a few weeks old, did you ever build this? I have been looking at this motherboard/cpu/case combination and was wondering if you had any issues with the cooling pipes? Did you need the HT4 or the longer pipes?
I'd be curious to see some pictures of your build if you have them.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Streacom FC10 Build ideas0