• 3(current)
Bluetooth Amazon FireTV Stick Remote
(2015-02-18, 14:28)Whiterat Wrote: Not sure if I can make it much clearer..
Just run the below (and reboot) and you should be ok.

Code:
# Copy eventlircd.d to storage
cp -r /etc/eventlircd.d/ /storage/.config/eventlircd.d

# Create evmap for the remote
cat << EOF >> /storage/.config/eventlircd.d/aftvsremote.evmap
KEY_KPENTER      = KEY_OK
KEY_UP           = KEY_UP
KEY_LEFT         = KEY_LEFT
KEY_RIGHT        = KEY_RIGHT
KEY_DOWN         = KEY_DOWN
KEY_MENU         = KEY_EPG
KEY_BACK         = KEY_EXIT
KEY_PLAYPAUSE    = KEY_PLAY
KEY_REWIND       = KEY_REWIND
KEY_HOMEPAGE     = KEY_MEDIA
KEY_FASTFORWARD  = KEY_FASTFORWARD
EOF

# Add bind mount of /etc/eventlircd.d to autostart
echo "mount --bind /storage/.config/eventlircd.d/ /etc/eventlircd.d/" >> /storage/autostart.sh

# Create udev rule
cat << EOF >> /storage/.config/udev.rules.d/99-eventlircd.rules
SUBSYSTEMS=="bluetooth", GOTO="begin-bluetooth"
GOTO="end-bluetooth"
LABEL="begin-bluetooth"

ATTRS{name}=="Amazon Fire TV Remote", \\
  ENV{eventlircd_enable}="true", \\
  ENV{eventlircd_evmap}="aftvsremote.evmap"

LABEL="end-bluetooth"
EOF

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to help.

I entered the code and the files were created (double checked using sftp) but on reboot the remote is still unresponsive. Are you running openelec? I may have to try a fresh install and see if that helps.

Code:

EOF

echo "mount --bind /storage/.config/eventlircd.d/ /etc/eventlircd.d/" >> /storage/autostart.sh

# Create udev rule
GOTO="end-bluetooth"
LABEL="begin-bluetooth"

LABEL="end-bluetooth"
EOF

Did a fresh install and still doesn't work for me. If yours is working it may be that you did something in addition to the code you sent. Any idea what that could be? Huh
(2015-02-05, 06:48)Tinwarble Wrote: Install Keymap Editor add-on and remap your keys with it.

does that work also with CEC remotes mapping?
(2015-02-18, 15:23)toyanucci Wrote: Did a fresh install and still doesn't work for me. If yours is working it may be that you did something in addition to the code you sent. Any idea what that could be? Huh

Ah sorry - typo (now corrected).
autostart.sh is in /storage/.config/ not /storage/
(2015-02-18, 23:42)Whiterat Wrote:
(2015-02-18, 15:23)toyanucci Wrote: Did a fresh install and still doesn't work for me. If yours is working it may be that you did something in addition to the code you sent. Any idea what that could be? Huh

Ah sorry - typo (now corrected).
autostart.sh is in /storage/.config/ not /storage/
Kk. I'm away from home till tomorrow evening, I'll definitely try it then and let you know. I know I say it too much (lol) but thanks for taking the time bro, really appreciate it!

Code:

EOF

echo "mount --bind /storage/.config/eventlircd.d/ /etc/eventlircd.d/" >> /storage/.config/autostart.sh

# Create udev rule
GOTO="end-bluetooth"
LABEL="begin-bluetooth"

LABEL="end-bluetooth"
EOF

Thank you so much!!! I got a chance to enter the code today and it works perfectly! I had to repair after the initial reboot but it keeps pairing after that for all other reboots. I hope they put this into openelec from here on out.

Again thanks!
So I've installed Kodi onto a fresh Raspbian install, and I can't get it to recognize that the remote is an input device at all. The remote is detected by both evtest and showkey, and can be used to input commands into other programs with no issue, but Kodi refuses to use it. I've switched out the bluetooth adapters and it didn't help. Kodi can use a bluetooth keyboard I've paired, so it's not a bluetooth issue. Since I'm not using OpenELEC the script posted by Whiterat isn't going to work.
I'm a little confused as to why any modification is needed at all for OpenELEC to get the Fire TV remote working, since it's just behaving like a generic bluetooth keyboard. I don't really understand the technical side of linux input handling, but I'm hoping this is something that could be eventually enabled on OpenELEC's side, so that no user modification is necessary?
(2015-03-01, 02:19)Ned Scott Wrote: I'm a little confused as to why any modification is needed at all for OpenELEC to get the Fire TV remote working, since it's just behaving like a generic bluetooth keyboard. I don't really understand the technical side of linux input handling, but I'm hoping this is something that could be eventually enabled on OpenELEC's side, so that no user modification is necessary?
Maybe if we draw enough attention to it, as it seems an easy enough fix for those with the know how. It's a great control, and coupled with keymap editor it's not just great, it's perfect!
I purchased a Fire TV Stick remote for use with an Asus Chromebox running OpenElec. With a quick mapping change it's almost perfect. But for some reason, every time I put my box into suspend the remote immediately wakes it back up. Not an issue with other remotes I've tried.
(2015-03-01, 02:19)Ned Scott Wrote: I'm a little confused as to why any modification is needed at all for OpenELEC to get the Fire TV remote working, since it's just behaving like a generic bluetooth keyboard. I don't really understand the technical side of linux input handling, but I'm hoping this is something that could be eventually enabled on OpenELEC's side, so that no user modification is necessary?

I'm pretty sure it's not just an OpenELEC specific thing, as I've got the same issue on Raspbian. The remote works in everything I've tried but Kodi- at this point I may just give up and try to find a way to get some other program to pass the keystrokes on.
I'm using the Fire TV remote with an Asus Chromebox dual boot to OpenELEC and Chrome OS. OE pairs the remote just fine, all keys except context menu are working as intended. Searching OE forum, found a poster who solved the issue:

http://openelec.tv/forum/104-bluetooth-r...g-w-oelec4

hth.
I've done a fresh install of Raspbian and made sure my configuration is correct and then delved into the debug logs. The link to the OpenELEC forums doesn't help- the keypresses aren't being recognized by Kodi, and don't show up in the debug log at all. It's not an issue of getting the mapping right, but of getting the application to recognize that buttons are being pressed at all.
There are 2 different remotes -
1949:0401 (FireTV Remote)
1949:0404 (FireTV Stick Remote)

The non-stick remote does seem to work out of the box for people; the stick version does not.
(Despite similarity in looks - they are created by different OEMs)

So in terms of clarifying the situation, those saying their remote does/doesn't work - please indicate which remote you actually have.
(oh and the stuff I posted for openelec can be transposed to rasbmc/osmc easily as I believe it also ships with eventlircd).

Not done any debugging on this theory yet, but my gut feeling is something isn't playing nice with LinuxInputDevices.cpp.
Well there's my issue at least- I was using the Fire TV Stick Remote. I didn't realize they were different devices. Is there any logs or things I can get to help debug the issue?
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bluetooth Amazon FireTV Stick Remote2