HELP! Drobo 5N and NFS(trying for 4 weeks now)
Sad 
I have had issues with AFP and SMB sharing over the last few builds.

They seem to disappear randomly after 3.2.4

I am trying to set up my Drobo5N via NFS and I have loaded the TGZ file and the app is running.

I can not access it from my Imac or through XBMC.

Here is the info from my Exports file under ETC

Last login: Fri Nov 14 19:47:58 on ttys000
jasons-iMac:~ jasonthomas$ /Volumes/DroboApps/nfs/etc/exports ; exit;
/Volumes/DroboApps/nfs/etc/exports: line 1: syntax error near unexpected token `('
/Volumes/DroboApps/nfs/etc/exports: line 1: `/mnt/DroboFS/Shares/Public 192.168.1.0/24 169.254.31.52(rw,insecure,no_subtree_check,all_squash,anonuid=99,anongid=99)'
logout

[Process completed]

my Drobo IP is 192.168.1.200

My files are under a folder named MEDIA

In the MEDIA folder i have multiple file folders such as Movies, TV Shows, MUSIC, ETC

Can someone please help me figure this out, i am on the cusp of hiring someone to get this up and running. I have to use Fordo builds becauseHuh Gotham seems to punt my network shares randomly

this is in the Exports.Default file

/mnt/DroboFS/Shares/Public NETMASK_GOES_HERE(rw,insecure,no_subtree_check,all_squash,anonuid=99,anongid=99)
you /etc/exports has a syntax error in line 1...
I seen that but didt know what the issue was..

Any thoughts? I am going to reload uninstall and re-install because that happned after i did the fresh install. i will post back in about 30 minutes.
try:

Code:
/mnt/DroboFS/Shares/Public      192.168.1.0/24(rw,insecure,no_subtree_check,all_squash,anonuid=99,anongid=99)

edit: this must be all one 1 line
still no go, not sure whats up, its an auto add through an app for my drobo5N it sets the shares up for me.. I reinstalled but still get the same error.
Debug Log from xbmc using this share.
i really think this is a Drobo issue relating to how it sets up the NFS share via the DorobApp. I have never sent a log from one of my devices and i turned on Debugging but was not sure how to send it.

ZeroConfig sees the shares also, just no access beyond the front folder. Still working on it but i think i may just give up on NFS share fro the Drobo. Its really a PITA.

Thank you for giving it a shot WSNIPEX.
Read: Debug Log
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HELP! Drobo 5N and NFS(trying for 4 weeks now)0