XBMC wont connect to the internet
Okay bear with me a little here as I'm probably a bit basic on the computer knowledge front and I'm struggling to get to grips with Linux at the same time as having this XBMC issue.

I've been using version 11 of XBMC in Windows Vista without any issues but wanted to switch the computer to linux.

This week I made a Xubuntu boot usb through Linux Live which worked fine and once that was up and running I installed Gotham XBMC on it. XBMC is working as expected except for the internet coonnection which it says is alternately Busy or Not Connected. Outside of XBMC the internet connection is fine and no issues with web browsing in firefox.

I stuck the USB key in another computer and booted from it and had the same issue. Again the computers internet connection is solid just XBMC can't access it for some reason.

Rather than trying to work out what was wrong I decided to start fresh and downloaded Ubuntu through Linux Live and again installed XBMC on it. Same issue. Can't use scrapers, can't see add ons, weather etc.

If I boot Windows from the same computer version 11 of XBMC is in perfect working order still.

Now I suspect the first thing you'll ask me for is a debug report but I don't know how to generate one. Is there a FAQ for that or something?

Cheers for any assistance!
I had a same symptoms. For me, installing the latest version of curl to 7.39 (from 7.38.0) fixed it. I believe the problem is specific to curl 7.38 so if you don't use that version your problem is probably something else.

In terminal, running
$ apt-show-versions curl
Should show what version your system is using.
Hmm... tried that and got back the message: curl not installed (available for: i386)

Could this be my issue?
Okay think I've installed curl. Now I get this reply to: apt-show-versions curl

curl:i386/utopic-security 7.37.1-1ubuntu3.1 uptodate

That hasn't made a difference though.
Debug Log
STEP 1:
Download the Debug log uploader add-on:
Inside of XBMC/Kodi go into Programs → Get more... → XBMC/Kodi Log Uploader and click on "Install"

I can't do that because XBMC has no internet connection.

Create an advancedsettings.xml Well Xubuntu won't let me save anything into the userdataa folder which makes it tricky. I'm sure I'll work out how to do this but this is tough.
just use pastebin instead of the log uploader addon.

Code:
sudo apt-get install pastebinit
pastebinit ~/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log

edit: and if you cannot write to your own home dir, then something is really wrong...
Cool thanks. Is this whaqt we're looking for? paste.ubuntu.com/9294871/
Starting XBMC from Debian (13.1-RC1 Debian package version:2:13.1~rc1+dfsg1-1ubuntu3)
this is unsupported here. Use a proper version from one of our PPAs.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC wont connect to the internet0