Manually Arrange TV Shows?
Hi all,

Not been using XBMC for long or very extensively so please bare with me..

I'm trying to use it as a media player for watching TV shows on my laptop. I already have the video files, so I'm just loading them into XBMC for easier organisation than clicking through Finder windows. This has been fine for most TV shows, it's recognised the files, even come up with the correct titles and backgrounds etc.

However I've gone to add Game of Thrones through "Videos > Files > Add Videos" and pointing to the directory the files are saved in as I have with any other videos I've got, and it only recognises the first season as a TV Show, all the other episodes are only available in the generic "Videos" folder.

Is there a way I can move these around and manually identify them as TV Shows?

Thanks!
Ok this just got weird... Now, for reasons I can't explain, the entire TV Shows folder has disappeared.. My home screen now only has Weather, Pictures, Videos, Music, Programs, and System.

HELP?!?!
What scraper are you using?
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Just using The TVDB as came with XBMC, any suggestions for a better one?

Also uploaded Dragonball into it, and it didn't like that either...
If your using TVDB then you should be able to use an NFO file (wiki) to point the scraper to the correct show as described here. Just create the NFO file with TextEdit, paste the TVDB url for the show into the file and save it in a utf-8 format as "tvshow.nfo" (no quotes) at the root level of the show folder.

Usually these sorts of problems are caused by not using the recommended file naming/folder structure. Basically it should look something like TV Shows/tvdbnameoftvshow/Season01/S01E01.ext, S01E02.ext, etc. If you have multiple seasons then you would create a Season02 folder and so forth. If you use the NFO file the file path would be TV Shows/tvdbnameoftvshow/tvshow.nfo.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
My files were arranged with episode number and name, I've just changed them all to S01E01 etc and it works now... Should've worked that one out a lot sooner! I thought as long as they were identified and in correct series and order then it'd work, evidently not!
TVDB is very finicky IMHO. If the files aren't named exactly right the nfo file can usually save you from having to go back and rename them all though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Manually Arrange TV Shows?0