Apple Wireless Keyboard green LED freezes video
Whenever the green LED on my Apple Wireless Keyboard blinks, video playback in XBMC 13.2 (and previous versions) freezes and stutters. I don't understand why. Sometimes the green LED blinks when I set the keyboard down after using it and sometime it blinks at random times, but it always has an impact on video playback. Any theories or suggestions? Is there a better brand of bluetooth keyboard I should be using? I have an old Microsoft one but it is way heavier than the Apple.
try to figure out what the blonking means.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2014-11-16, 12:44)Memphiz Wrote: try to figure out what the blonking means.

It means the keyboard is connecting to the computer. So when I set the keyboard down, the impact wakes the keyboard and makes it re-enage its connection to the computer. I guess it sleeps the connection when not in use and any movement causes it to wake up and re-negotiate the connection so that it is ready to transmit keystrokes to the computer. Unfortunately, this causes video playback to freeze. I've tried turning off the keyboard, which fixes the freezing, but then I have to eventually turn it on again in order to type anything, and the video freezing commences once more.

Another thought: Maybe the bluetooth hardware and graphics hardware are linked together on my Mac Mini?
No thats not the Case for sure. Does the Video unfreeze after a while or can you get it going again somehow (by pausing / unpausing or ffwd)? - else i need a debug log (wiki) but not much hope really
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2014-11-17, 08:22)Memphiz Wrote: No thats not the Case for sure. Does the Video unfreeze after a while or can you get it going again somehow (by pausing / unpausing or ffwd)? - else i need a debug log (wiki) but not much hope really

It never freezes permanently, it's just a momentary, short but noticeable freeze.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple Wireless Keyboard green LED freezes video0