New version with extra features
I'm testing a new version of the addon with the following new features:
Quote:- supports ATSC style major.minor numbers in Kodi
- supports recording artwork
- supports fanart (fullscreen backgrounds)
- fixes a problem playback of radio stations when bitrate was too lower for the buffering

I've posted a Windows version of the addon for Kodi here: http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?5...post481443

I'd appreciate any feedback on this functionality before I submit for inclusion in the Kodi.
Thanks for the help in the other thread. Added both .dll files and it works great. No noticeable issues. I'll post back if anything pops up. Really appreciate your work. Smile
(2014-11-15, 22:39)sub3 Wrote: I'm testing a new version of the addon with the following new features:
Quote:- supports ATSC style major.minor numbers in Kodi
- supports recording artwork
- supports fanart (fullscreen backgrounds)
- fixes a problem playback of radio stations when bitrate was too lower for the buffering

I've posted a Windows version of the addon for Kodi here: http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?5...post481443

I'd appreciate any feedback on this functionality before I submit for inclusion in the Kodi.

What version are you using it on, I have tried two and it comes back as not having the right structure both on 32 bit and 64 bit
(2014-12-23, 09:42)jeffbrown1966 Wrote: What version are you using it on, I have tried two and it comes back as not having the right structure both on 32 bit and 64 bit
That zip file is not a packaged addon. It's just an updated dll, so you extract the dll and copy it over top of your existing dll of the same name.
(2014-12-23, 18:35)sub3 Wrote:
(2014-12-23, 09:42)jeffbrown1966 Wrote: What version are you using it on, I have tried two and it comes back as not having the right structure both on 32 bit and 64 bit
That zip file is not a packaged addon. It's just an updated dll, so you extract the dll and copy it over top of your existing dll of the same name.
I
ok I may feel dumb after this but this is for KODI but the DLL is named XBMC do I change the name or do they keep the XBMC name even in kodi 14.1 , it does work in xbmc 13 but still can not get it to work in kodi.
Try this one instead: http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?5...post483097

It's been updated for the new DLL naming etc.
(2015-01-03, 21:17)jeffbrown1966 Wrote:
(2014-12-23, 18:35)sub3 Wrote:
I
ok I may feel dumb after this but this is for KODI but the DLL is named XBMC do I change the name or do they keep the XBMC name even in kodi 14.1 , it does work in xbmc 13 but still can not get it to work in kodi.

OK so yes I feel dumb, I installed 14 beta 1 and yes the dll name is the same as the one you posted, sorry I guess it pays to follow directions.
Hey sub3,

I'm looking to use the latest updates for the NextPVR addon. Should I use the link you provided in your original post here or the link you provided to mvallevand changes or a combination of both? Right now I am thinking I must use your NShared changes along with the dll provided by mvallevand. Is this accurate?

It would be helpful for all if you could update your opening post with the latest information on wich dll's to use. I'd love to try out the changes you make and report back anything fishy I see in the mean time.

Thanks again for you continued support of the addon. I'm fairly new to the home rolled pvr and managing it from your addon so far has been quite nice.
Quote:Right now I am thinking I must use your NShared changes along with the dll provided by mvallevand. Is this accurate?
Yes, correct.
Thanks for the quick answer. I will update those when I get home today. Is development continuous for this add on within Kodi? If so where is the best place to follow the progress of development. I'd love to try the new stuff out and give you feedback on issues that may crop up.
(2015-01-06, 18:09)mrdally204 Wrote: Thanks for the quick answer. I will update those when I get home today. Is development continuous for this add on within Kodi?
Not really. Most of the short-comings in Kodi's PVR support is in the core components rather than the addons, which need to be solved by the core Kodi development team. I am updating the addon reactively though, like when users identify a problem, or if Kodi PVR subsystem introduces a new feature that could be used by the addon.

Quote:If so where is the best place to follow the progress of development. I'd love to try the new stuff out and give you feedback on issues that may crop up.
Definitely the best place to give feedback, ask for changes etc, is in the NextPVR forums. I'm there ever day. I spend a lot less time on this forum thinking about XBMC/Kodi related stuff.
OK silly question: where does the DLL go?

Nvm, I found it: C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons\pvr.nextpvr

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New version with extra features0