[Idea]Better Music Metadata/Scraping
Star 
Hello good day fellow xbmc/kodi users

i'd love for this method of naming convention to be applied by scrapers since it's the type used by music brainz

This guideline applies to cases in which one or more artists are featured on a track or release by another artist, but not equally as they would be in a collaboration. That is, they are given credit on the cover or track listing of a release by another artist in a manner which elevates their contribution above normal liner note credits. Often, the word "featured", "feat." or "featuring" proceeds their name(s).
Guideline

File the track/release under the normal primary artist.
Append the name of the secondary artist(s) to the Track Title/Release Title as follows:
"Put Your Lights On (feat. Everlast)"

If a track features both "Foo" and "Bar", it should be entered as "... (feat. Foo & Bar)". For more than two: "... (feat. Foo, Bar, Baz ... & Quux)".

More details
http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/History:Feat...tist_Style

I believe this is a topic that many of us,(my self included)
have debated/thought about in our minds or asked publicly and it'd be awesome to see Kodi making these a default as it will make it a thing of general use

Since Itunes and Amazon uses these also, I guess that should be the case with us

(Please note that this is an idea, not to be thought or mistaken for a feature, it's more of a call out to/for the better of people tagging songs)

Thank You. Smile
Yeah, Me, Myself, and I, The Three Musketeers
The song's name is "Put Your Lights On". The song's name is not "Put Your Lights On (feat. Everlast)".

As far as I'm concerned, that metadata doesn't belong anywhere near the title tag. If it's that important to people, it should be populated elsewhere (in another tag, or whatnot), and presented by the skin.
the reason why it's put there is because of remixes and online scraping if the remix has more featured artists and let's say you want the lyrics to display how would you put it? you'll name the remix with same name as original?

"another tag" isn't read by online scrapers what they read is limited to Artist, Album, Track number, Track Title, Disc Number and Year where would you have me put the featured artist and the remix tag that it'll be read by online services?

In Music, MusicBrianz is the standard even last.fm uses the tagging structure you'll be hurting you media by not doing the same
Yeah, Me, Myself, and I, The Three Musketeers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Idea]Better Music Metadata/Scraping1