• 1(current)
Can we get this -175ms delay fixed in windows once and for all for 24p content
Hi all

I would like to try and help the developers in finding a fix for this old bug that has been causing problems for windows users for years. The problem is the audio delay for 24p content where`s you need to add a -175 delay to get the audio in sync. 50hz and 60hz are all fine

I have had this problem since xbmc 10 days and all the way up to kodi 14 beta 1 which also has this problem. I have been tolled that the devs have not had much help in this to correct the problem and people just ask for it to be fixed well I am here to help I hope.

I use two front ends using windows 7 one with a intel GFX and one with a AMD GFX display driver all getting there media from a MYSQL windows 7 media server, The AMD version has the audio -175 delay problem where's the Intel does not, but I might know why.

The intel setup only has 2.0 selected and all audio formats turned off which means its only using 2.0 stereo so maybe it does not have the problem because of that, Where's the AMD setup runs through an amp to the TV and has 7.1 setup and has all the audio formats selected.

Can anyone help with the audio delay problem and if so what do you need from me, lets try and fix this old age problem.

thanks
Have tried out the Helix Beta as I've seen reports of an improvement in this area.
yes tried helix beta 1 and still the same
The delay is caused by passing audio through the amp. We relay on the driver which gives us the information we need to sync audio and video. If this information is wrong for some reason we can't do much. You can set this delay in advanced settings for the affected refresh rates.
(2014-11-16, 15:29)FernetMenta Wrote: The delay is caused by passing audio through the amp. We relay on the driver which gives us the information we need to sync audio and video. If this information is wrong for some reason we can't do much. You can set this delay in advanced settings for the affected refresh rates.

If that's the case

1. How does 50hz and 60hz martial work fine ?
2. How can VLC Player play the 24hz with no problems ? and any file for that matter
3. How can the sync be perfect on 24hz videos when selected 60hz output playback instead of 24hz playback using xbmc\kodi

if there problem can not be fixed what about this post of mine which requests a option to be added to the audio

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...t=av+delay

thanks

oh when was beta 2 released as its not on the front page but I just noticed it in the download section
can you do the following test please. set gui to 24Hz, then play some 24fps material. does this make a difference?
Interesting. I've had the same issue forever (Nvidia 660 Ti) and never thought to actually go into the Nvidia Control Panel and change the refresh to 24Hz before starting Kodi. I always assumed when Kodi adjusted display refresh to match video, the correct frame rate was being chosen by the video driver, as my LG television displayed 24Hz on the OSD. By manually changing to 24Hz in the Nvidia Control Panel first, and leaving "adjust display refresh to match video" in Kodi *unselected*, videos encoded at 24Hz play back smoothly and in sync. I notice that the Nvidia driver also provides a 23Hz refresh option, so I wonder if when Kodi attempts to change the refresh rate, the Nvidia driver chooses the wrong refresh rate (23Hz), the TV can't display at that frame rate, but still makes the attempt and switches to 24Hz anyway.Of course, if this is the case, no one with an Nvidia card running Kodi on Windows (who has this problem) will want to manually change refresh before starting Kodi, as this isn't optimal.
wrong refresh rate should not have any impact on a/v sync. My hypothesis is this: assume refersh rate is at 60hz and playback of some 24fps material is started. when audio gets configured fps is still 60Hz. audio driver may reports wrong latency to us after having switched refresh rates. maybe we need to change refresh rate, wait for this process to be completed, and then open audio.
But before implementing this I want to have confirmation. That's what this test is about.
Hi there I will test this out asap but please be patient as I also work and can only do these tests when I am not working but I will try this out. I will change my desktop to 24mhz and then reload xbmc\kodi to see what happens and will report back as I want to do this right as I might have an idea on how to get some sync grabs
I've not noticed this at all - on (nearly all) Sony AVRs there's an option to correct the synchronisation, which I have enabled.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
I'll tell you, this "issue" is not an issue for everybody.
Stay on point - do those actually having the issue find it solved when the gui is set to 24Hz too? That's the question at hand.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
I am using advancedsettings.xml to set audio delay

Code:
<video>
        <latency>
            <delay>0</delay>        
                <refresh>
                    <min>23</min>
                    <max>24</max>
                    <delay>225</delay> <!-- set to zero or adjust if audio seems out of sync with 24p movies -->
            </refresh>
        </latency>
    </video>
Just an update will be testing this out this weekend as the work week is over so should have more time to try this out.

@baijuxavior I already do that but wanted to try and get kodi working without that code.

@clubwerks I know its not an issue with everyone, even me on one of my front ends. One of my front ends is setup for stereo and uses an Intel gfx and has not problems with sync but with my machine I do have problems with sync is the ATI setup and amp.

@Piers you said that you have not noticed this sync issue but then you said I have corrected this using my amp ? to me that means you do have a sync problem. I don't have sync problems on any other of my hardware which I have tried, this problem is only 24hz so adjusting the sync on an amp would make my 50hz\60hz go out of sync.

will get back to you all with my results this weekend

cheers
(2014-11-21, 19:27)meridius Wrote: Just an update will be testing this out this weekend as the work week is over so should have more time to try this out.

@baijuxavior I already do that but wanted to try and get kodi working without that code.

@clubwerks I know its not an issue with everyone, even me on one of my front ends. One of my front ends is setup for stereo and uses an Intel gfx and has not problems with sync but with my machine I do have problems with sync is the ATI setup and amp.

@Piers you said that you have not noticed this sync issue but then you said I have corrected this using my amp ? to me that means you do have a sync problem. I don't have sync problems on any other of my hardware which I have tried, this problem is only 24hz so adjusting the sync on an amp would make my 50hz\60hz go out of sync.

will get back to you all with my results this weekend

cheers

Sorry, I should have been clearer. I meant to say that my AVR has an option to ensure sync. - I've generally left it on, but I also did a few tests without it. There's no difference (it's now disabled).
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can we get this -175ms delay fixed in windows once and for all for 24p content0