• 4(current)
Can we get this -175ms delay fixed in windows once and for all for 24p content
Just a question on Ubuntu there is no such problem?
For OpenELEC we gathered the data of 100 linux users, removed the outliers, summed up the rest and divided by number. Result was: 175 ms. This is btw. the same value I suggest in my howtos. 50hz / 60hz don't have such a delay.

This we used. I thought that's the time modern TV need to do the "processing" of the 24p images.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-12-09, 09:24)meridius Wrote: Hi there brimnac we already know this as I posted that about a week ago. I will get back onto this on the weekend as I will have alot more time this weekend to do some more testing as requested.

Cool, it was late and a few beers / other had been consumed, so I must have missed that. I was more trying to respond to the folks asking if the GUI was set to 24 in Windows did the delay exist.
@fritsch but if hardware acceleration is Off the delay is different. So this is not TV related?!
(2014-12-01, 21:41)FernetMenta Wrote: Interesting. Considering all this information I would guess that your AMD systems suffers from the issue and the Intel system does not. Could you confirm/bust this assumption by the following test.

- disable passthrough and set number of channels to 2
- remove the Amp from the chain
- test intel and amd with and without hw acceleration

Hi all

Did some more tests and here are the results

all with 24fps enabled

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AMD (Use a Fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen) Enabled
- test AMD with hw acceleration
- needed -150ms delay

- test AMD without hw acceleration
- needed -150ms delay

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AMD (Use a Fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen) Disabled
- test AMD with hw acceleration
- no delay needed

- test AMD without hw acceleration
- no delay needed

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INTEL (Use a Fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen) Enabled
- test intel with hw acceleration
- needed -60ms delay

- test intel without hw acceleration
- needed -60ms delay

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INTEL (Use a Fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen) Disabled
- test intel with hw acceleration
- no delay needed

- test intel without hw acceleration
- no delay needed

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

looks like I was mistaken about the HW acceleration and it looks like its the (Use a Fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen) causing the problems.

the problem is movies do not run very well with this option enabled for me as there very jerky

hope this helps
removed
Thanks a lot, this is great data. Would you like to do an additional test. DXVA is used for decoding and rendering. I want to narrow down the issue to one of those components.
- let's take the config with the most noticeable delay
- set this in advanced settings:
Code:
<video>
  <forcedxvarenderer>false</forcedxvarenderer>
</video>
- enable dxva for hw acceleration
- select pixel shades for render method
Hi mate tried that but still a no go.

to be honest its got my head twisted. what I am going to do over xmas as I am of work for 2 weeks I am going to sit down and start to right all the settings and tests down as I keep forgetting where I am at and also what I am going to do.

I have had 2 hours of this today and wanted to spend more time before I posted to be honest so next week I am going to do a long hard test to see whats happening.

is that ok ?

the thing is what I did was I can not play videos on an ati system with (Use a Fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen) Enabled as it jerks all over so what I did was hit the back button so the video was still playing behind the menus of kodi but what I forgot is that that would of reverted back to 60hz and that's why it prob looked like it was in sync, yes I know what an idiot.

but the intel system can play the video back in (Use a Fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen) Enabled why the amd one can not I don't know

its not going to beat me I will track this littile sucker own with your help. but I want to sit down for the day and give it a full test

Right what I want form you is how do you want my setup on the amd and intel system what do you want the default settings set to for all tests on my systems and also what hardware to be connected and lets take this step by step

thanks
We observe quite a few issues which may have the same source. The issue in this thread, no 24fps refresh rate on Windows 8.1, flickering colors on AMD systems, the fakefullscreen hack required on some systems, etc. The culprit may be the outdated DX9 we still have in use. This lib is more than 4 years old and I doubt that gfx vendors put much effort in doing tests with DX9.
I am trying to form a team to do the upgrade to DX11.
Like that?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Rofl
on a quest to destroy DX9
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
So do you want me to do the tests over Xmas or are you wanting to try and update the dx11 ? This could explain a lot if your still using the older versions. As it seems to be always windows.

Let me know what you want me to do.

Cheers
You cannot destroy the DX9 unless you bring it to the foothills of Mt Rainer, from which it was forged.
Do you want me to do more testing or do you want to wait untill some betas come out on the next version of kodi for the new directx version. ?

Thanks.
many thanks meridius!
the status is that the a/v desync is caused by the fake fullsceen setting, right? If so I think we need to start migration until further tests are required.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can we get this -175ms delay fixed in windows once and for all for 24p content0