Request 1080p & 4K Confluence Skin in KODI
^ boom. There it is. Even this the skin will look good all the TV and movie artwork that actually makes the skin look good IMO will make it look worse. That art work is what really fills up the screen. Trust me I would love to see XBMC support a 4k interface but all the internet supported resources aren't there yet.

Off topic but where I can find out about this move to a more modular XBMC? I'm curious to hear about the direction XBMC is heading in for future releases. Also we're moving away from python in favor of c/c++ binary addons? Sorry for the off topic questions. If someone has the answers PM me please.
(2014-11-19, 22:12)Talguy Wrote: ^ boom. There it is. Even this the skin will look good all the TV and movie artwork that actually makes the skin look good IMO will make it look worse. That art work is what really fills up the screen. Trust me I would love to see XBMC support a 4k interface but all the internet supported resources aren't there yet.

Off topic but where I can find out about this move to a more modular XBMC? I'm curious to hear about the direction XBMC is heading in for future releases. Also we're moving away from python in favor of c/c++ binary addons? Sorry for the off topic questions. If someone has the answers PM me please.

Nah, post it here, I would like to know as well.
direction goes towards Kodi in big steps :p
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2014-11-20, 00:08)Memphiz Wrote: direction goes towards Kodi in big steps :p

More I want more details Big Grin
(2014-11-19, 22:12)Talguy Wrote: Off topic but where I can find out about this move to a more modular XBMC? I'm curious to hear about the direction XBMC is heading in for future releases. Also we're moving away from python in favor of c/c++ binary addons? Sorry for the off topic questions. If someone has the answers PM me please.

There are no plans to remove python addons.
Binary addons are additional for stuff that needs to be implemented in C++. The idea here is to remove stuff from core so it can be developed and upgraded independently from kodi and to make things possible that we would not accept in core.

Examples are:
- pvr addons
- audio en/decoders, DACs
- visualizations
- screensavers
If you want a 4k Confluence, why not make it yourself?
Grab the original as it's open source, and edit away.
The manual is here: http://kodi.wiki/view/XBMC_Skinning_Manual
Post link to your Github to the forum.
And voila.
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
(2014-11-22, 06:18)MassIV Wrote: If you want a 4k Confluence, why not make it yourself?
Grab the original as it's open source, and edit away.
The manual is here: http://kodi.wiki/view/XBMC_Skinning_Manual
Post link to your Github to the forum.
And voila.

but is it possible right now? aren't only 720p or 1080i? I don't know anything about skinning so it might be wrong
1080p or 1080i doesn't make a difference for the skin, as it is not being rendered interlaced or progressive any way Smile

4k skins are not possible yet I think.
(2014-11-25, 02:52)Kib Wrote: 1080p or 1080i doesn't make a difference for the skin, as it is not being rendered interlaced or progressive any way Smile

4k skins are not possible yet I think.

Yes i said 1080i because it's the folder name used
(2014-11-25, 02:52)Kib Wrote: 4k skins are not possible yet I think.
Apparently they are, see statement in this other thread http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=195728
(2014-05-27, 06:27)jmarshall Wrote: Given it hasn't been explicitly stated as yet: XBMC's GUI engine already supports whatever resolution you like. Right now. No changes needed.

The skinners can code in 12039124080 x 2384787 if they want to.
At least the Kodi GUI engine should already handle any resolution skins you want according to jmarshall.

(2014-11-18, 12:36)ironic_monkey Wrote: there is nothing magical about 4k other than it being an exceptionally stupid name for a predetermined number of pixels on the screen.
Agreed! @all, please stop referring to it as "4K", instead call it 2160p, UltraHD, UHD, or UHDTV.
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...on.xml#L15

can we stop the spreading of false, guessed information now?
(2014-11-25, 13:05)Hedda Wrote: Agreed! @all, please stop referring to it as "4K", instead call it 2160p, UltraHD, UHD, or UHDTV.
I know this is off-topic, but you actually think Ultra High Definition (UHD) is a better name than 4k? Where does Ultra High Definition begin, where does it stop? What's the next step? Super Ultra High Definition Alpha? 2160p, I like.
(2014-11-25, 18:41)toolpunk Wrote:
(2014-11-25, 13:05)Hedda Wrote: Agreed! @all, please stop referring to it as "4K", instead call it 2160p, UltraHD, UHD, or UHDTV.
I know this is off-topic, but you actually think Ultra High Definition (UHD) is a better name than 4k? Where does Ultra High Definition begin, where does it stop? What's the next step? Super Ultra High Definition Alpha? 2160p, I like.

But those are correct names. 4k isn't. A 4k resolution require 4000 pixels and commercial resolution doesn't arrive to that. 2k and 4k are cinema resolution (2048x1080 and 4096x2160).
Full hd/1080p and uhd/2160p are 1920x1080p and 3840x2160
4K is an accepted term for 3840x2160, I work in the film industry and even we use it to refer to the resolution, so really, quite whining.
lol - well i like that bikeshed - i call it 3.8k
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Request 1080p & 4K Confluence Skin in KODI0