Music Scraper
Hi, I wonder if some one can help me

I have a 16,000 albums collection with all ID3v2 tgs: artists, album artists, album, year, art cover, etc, etc. All tags are OK

I am using Universal ''Scraper for Music Artists'' & ''Universal Scraper for Music Albums'' but half of my albums/artists are getting the info, fanart, etc, but the other half are getting nothing,

Also it getting to much time to complete the task, like 5 days for both scrapers. My internet connection is fast.

So I want to ask if there is another GOOD music scraper that can combine the ones I am using right now, or do I have to start from scratch If I change to a different scraper.

I will appreciate if you can recommend me one or two good Music scrpers (others than Scraper for Music Artists/Album)

Gotham 13.2
WIN7

Thanks in advance
I'm no expert on this, so I may be way off base here, but I believe that because the Universal Music Album/Artist scraper uses MusicBrainz as a source, and that MusicBrainz has a limit on the number of API hits that you can generate in a given amount of time, that this is why your music scraping takes so long. If this is the case, then you could have the fastest internet connection on the planet, it will not help you with this scraper. This may also account for the lack of information on the other half of your library. If MusicBrainz applies that limit to the number of scraper hits you can generate in a 24 hour period, this may be why only half your library gains all the info. The only way to be sure is to check your logs, and if nessecary turn on debug logging to get a clearer picture of what's going on.

Try the audiodb scrapers, as these are definately faster than the Universal ones, but the amount / quality of information downloaded *may* be inferior. You may also want to segment your library into different classes of music. For example, I have all my soundtracks in a different folder to my regular studio albums, and scrape the different folders seperately.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Scraper0