Win Smart playlist of videos from Pictures source?
Hi guys,

I've been using XBMC for many years, and have been very happy with the presentation of TV Shows and Movies. I'm familiar with the smart playlists, and use smart playlists to help manage my movie collection.

For 'Pictures' I take, I store them all in subfolders for each year, and then another subfolder for the occasion. Sometimes I make a GoPro video, which then gets stored in the same folder of that occasion. So my 'pictures' collection in Windows is actually really photos + phone videos + GoPro videos. All of my GoPro videos, I tag with [GoPro] in the filename, so that I can do a Windows Explorer search to list all my GoPro videos, and put them in a playlist. This is fun for when I wish to showcase my videos to someone.

I'd like to setup Kodi to have a smartlist to automatically display all videos with [GoPro] in the filename, so I don't have to revert back to Windows Explorer. But, I can't work out how. Since the GoPro videos are all mingled in with my photos, it doesn't really seem possible.

The closest thing I can come up with is going to the Pictures area in Kodi, going into my default Pictures source, and writing "[GoPro]" in the Filter. But it doesn't filter recursively through my subfolders, so it doesn't find anything.

And the Video smart playlists, to the best of my understanding, can only be created for Movies.

Am I trying to bend Kodi to more than it's capable? Or is there something I'm just not understanding?

Thanks in advance.

P.S.
Apologies if I am asking an already documented query, but I can't really think on how to focus a search result for doing this. If I could I probably wouldn't need to ask! :-)
After many hours of fiddling, reading, and trail and error. The answer to this problem, should anyone stumble across this and be interested, is:

1) Movies and TV Shows were not the only possible 'sources'. Years ago I set these up and then hid (via my theme) the 'show add new source' button.

2) Local NFO files to force videos to be found in Kodi, and assigning the HomeVideos genre

So, I added a new source called Home Videos, and added my Photos directory to that source, and set it to content type of Movies where it scans recursively. Each of my GoPro videos I now create a quick little NFO file for. And, I have a smart playlist which displays the genre HomeVideos only. Ba-da-bing!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Smart playlist of videos from Pictures source?0