Skin.String's via JSONRPC
Question 
Hi,

Is it possible to get and set a skin.string via JSONRPC ? I looked through the API specifications but so far I haven't found an api method to work with. Any help would be appreciated ..

thanks!
Nope that's not possible.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Bummer! Something like this would allow some deep skin integration with other devices/software or scripts in situations where an actual kodi (client) addon isn't an option.
I don't know much about the skinning engine so not sure if there are any implications to being able to change a skin variable at any possible point in time.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
No, there wouldn't be any implications because skin variables change all the time while navigating a skin via onclick,onload or other events. These are the most interesting (non interactive) functions in the skinning engine to deal with skin variables :

Code:
Skin.String(setting) --> Get Skin String [stringname]
Skin.SetString(string[,value]) --> Set Skin String [stringname] to [value]
Skin.SetBool(setting) --> Set Skin Bool [name] to [true]
Skin.Reset(setting) --> Empty Skin String [stringname] / Set Skin Bool [name] to [false]

As I already said, it would be nice to also have these functions available in the API.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skin.String's via JSONRPC0