Music Library
I've just started adding my classical music to KODI and have hit a slight problem. When I add an album that has listed as an artist "Moscow Virtuosi", I end up with the Russian spelling in the artists view, i.e. "Виртуозы Москвы" which makes looking for specific artists a little bit challenging for me. No issues with Russian, just not my forte. Not just related to "Moscow Virtuosi", happens with multiple other Artists. FYI I have tagged with Picard and the tags shows as in English.

Is there a way to either edit the artists name within KODI or not get the scrapper to pull the Russian (or other language)
No doubt what you see is a result of having music library setting "override song tags with online information". In this case, Musicbrainz has the artist name set as Виртуозы Москвы, with Moscow Virtuosi and Les Virtuoses de Moscou set as aliases. You can unselect that settings option, then library updates would keep your preferred artist name as tagged in the song file. Kodi doesn't support aliases, so you can often get this sort of problem with artists from places that don't use latin1 scripts.

scott s.
OK - I have that option set for my non-classical albums (all 3100 of them), unfortunately MUSIC setts are universal, not by source, so I have to chose on way or the other?
It is due to the "override song tags with online information" - so I now have information in English but for multiple artists on a CD I have multiple Artists entries, i.e. Brahms, LSO twice, one being the Brahms element, one being the LSO part - is it possible to force a language being pulled from online information?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Library0