[Resolved] No RSS crawl in Kodi Beta 3?
Wink 
(2014-11-26, 21:10)Memphiz Wrote: Paste the Full log to Pastebin.com and put the link in here

http://pastebin.com/dr6GyCtr

Thank you!
Are you 100% that the rss feed is enabled int the settings?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I have the same problem, and i'm on beta 4.
I notice that there is a RssFeeds.xml in C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system.
(2014-11-27, 11:30)Memphiz Wrote: Are you 100% that the rss feed is enabled int the settings?

Yes, I am 100% positive that the RSS Feed was enabled in both XBMC 13.2 and Kodi 14.0 (Beta 2-5). ... This might be a problem with the installation inside Kodi for Windows 8.1 (64-bit). (?) I was able to fix the problem, but the new installation was also missing the RSS Feed and their was no crawl in the brand new installation either. So there is probably something wrong with the Kodi installer itself for Windows 8.1 (64-bit).

It took me about 90 minutes to fix everything. .... Here is my user fix below:

1. I totally uninstalled Kodi 14 (Beta 5), including all profiles and settings.
2. I rebooted my computer.
3. I reinstalled Kodi 14 (Beta 5) with a totally clean install, with 'Run As Administrator' and there was still no RSS Feed and no RSSfeed.xml in the brand new installation either.
4. I created Fusion and added all of my new add-ons by installing directly from zip files (I do not normally install repositories, just the add-ons themselves).
5. I rebooted my system.
6. 5 hours later. I decided to copy the RssFeed.xml file from a 1-month old XBMC Backup that I had saved on another drive and pasted it into 'userdata' manually.
7. Rebooted Kodi, and it worked. Smile

So this entire procedure fixed two issues:

1. It fixed the RSS Feed.
2. It fixed the fact that I had no music tiles showing up in 'Confluence' when I moused-over "Music" title bar.

I am thrilled with my new installation now! It is working perfectly in every regard, but unfortunately I cannot tell you what is wrong with the Kodi installations. Do you want me to use PasteBin again and show you what my new Kodi.log looks like? Perhaps a comparison of both logs will give you a hint? I saved the Kodi.log from the second 'bad' installation in my Temp Folder, and I also have my new Kodi.log from my fixed installation (the copy that is working now).

I am extremely afraid to install Kodi Beta 6 now (when it becomes available). I think I will remain at Beta 5 for quite a while.

Thanks! You guys are great! Smile

(2014-11-27, 15:26)Hipperd Wrote: I have the same problem, and i'm on beta 4.

Hi Hipperd! Can you tell the Developers what Operating System you are running? Thanks!
I also have windows 8.1 64 bit
(2014-11-27, 18:27)Hipperd Wrote: I also have windows 8.1 64 bit

Ah ha! - I see a trend developing! Smile

Thanks!
My was also on a brand new installation.
Please test the following build:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7435...797-na.exe
  • This should fix
  • Missing RssFeed
  • Update several lines of text to make it more clear what happens on install/upgrade/uninstall

WARNING!!!
Backup your userdata (wiki) before using this build.
If all check out this will be merged to coming official builds.

Test:
  • As a fresh install (no XBMC or Kodi installed)
  • As an upgrade from Kodi to Kodi (userdata should be kept in place)
  • As an upgrade from XBMC to Kodi. Userdata should be moved depending on what option you choose
  • Uninstall scenarios
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-11-27, 21:30)Martijn Wrote: Please test the following build:
  • This should fix
  • Missing RssFeed
  • Update several lines of text to make it more clear what happens on install/upgrade/uninstall

WARNING!!!
Backup your userdata (wiki) before using this build.
If all check out this will be merged to coming official builds.

Test:
  • As a fresh install (no XBMC or Kodi installed)
  • As an upgrade from Kodi to Kodi (userdata should be kept in place)
  • As an upgrade from XBMC to Kodi. Userdata should be moved depending on what option you choose
  • Uninstall scenarios

Thanks Martijn! I have backed up my user data and zipped plugins. I am working on it. It will take me some time to test all of the scenarios that you listed. I will get back to you later. Smile
Rainbow 
Instantly, I can tell you that Kodi upgrade to Kodi works Martijn!!! Smile))

I will use another drive to test the other options, including the uninstall. Great work!
Oh wow! That was much easier than I thought it would be, because all of my plugins, libraries and profile were preserved and kept on my "C" drive!!! --- Too cool!

1. Works on Kodi to Kodi upgrade, all settings preserved, including RSSFeed and UserData!
2. Installed fresh XBMC install to drive "D" (worked fine).
3. Upgraded XMBC 13.2 on drive "D" with Kodi Developers release (Beta 5+), the Kodi upgrade was perfect!
4. Uninstalled Kodi upgrade from Drive "D."
5. Installed Kodi fresh on Drive "D." --- RSS Feed worked perfectly.
6. Uninstalled Kodi from drive "D," but chose to keep my profile on drive "C." (All settings persevered on my Developer's version. Uninstall was totally clean!)
7. Developer's version is still working perfectly now on Drive "C" (Beta 5+)!

Unreal! How did you do that? It is pure magic!!! LOL! THANK YOU SO MUCH! Smile

(2014-11-27, 15:26)Hipperd Wrote: I have the same problem, and i'm on beta 4.

Hipperd, try the Developer's version that Martijn has provided a link to! It works!!! Smile

see tomorrows nightly build
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-11-28, 23:52)Martijn Wrote: see tomorrows nightly build

I will! ... And many thanks to you Martijn and the entire Kodi Team! Smile
This issue is resolved! I have successfully installed nightly build 20141129-03d947-master.exe without any problems in the installation or operation. Thanks again!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Resolved] No RSS crawl in Kodi Beta 3?1