Win kody keep crashing when waking up....
Hello everyone, since some days now, kody crashes when I wake my computer up and then go to my tv show library, if I use an online addon it does not, just when I browse my tv show.
I'm on windows 7 64 bits with the last gotham version, also some of my video are on an external drive that windows turn off automatically when it is not in use, may this be a problem?
here is my log:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=354540

also aiplay don't work anymore since last week...
thanks for helping!
cheers!
Anyone?
I personally like to sleep in, given a wake-up, I always crash Smile

I get a 504 Gateway Time-out on your log...

Searching the forums you'll see that sleep mode for Kodi is fraught with issues, and in fact sleep mode for a lot of active programs is kinda hit & miss, knowing that sometimes active memory routines are thrown into frozen storage or hd space and these don't come back to the operations queue in proper sequence.

The quick and dirty answer is don't use sleep mode.

I note in your statement that on occasion sleep mode does work under certain conditions (add-ons in focus) whihc may just be the order of things, and you get lucky with an add-on that utilizes ram in a cached way that cares little for the order of instructions. To test out your hardware, I suggest renaming your present installation (both C: and Roaming) install the latest Kodi B without add-ons or alterations (skin Confluence) and test if the behaviour is correct and what you can live with. Then build on that, ever watchful for the add-on that breaks your sleep mode. You could also reverse this process with your present install, by de-installing the add-ons one at a time.... but this might not fix damage done by a rouge installation.

re: Airplay http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=199277
Thx for your answers! I will try to install helix in a new folder, how can i change the path of installation? And. For airplay i saw this thread of ios 8 but i don't upgrade to 8 and still airplay is erratic, it come and goes....
Thanks
Cheers
Helix is now named Kodi, so if you cancel the installation request to move everything over and delete XBMC you can have two installations. Try it... see if your issues disappear, then uninstall and re-install giving permission to move your user data file over and rename/delete the old XBMC install. (back-ups are always wise.)

I don't have an airplay set-up, but that forum stuck out as handling some of the issues by some bright users that do use it. My suggestion would be to ask in a forum that more specifically attracts the user who might be able to help. Solve one issue at a time, the shot gun approach isn't going to get you noticed nor the help you want.
thanks again for your advices!
cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
kody keep crashing when waking up....0