A few simele questions.
Sad 
hey I recently went back to try and make a skin.
so I got the latest confluence skin and used phil65's skin converter to convert to 1080 wich overall worked very well but focused items is smaller than other items witch led me to effects slowdown in addon.xml and am wondering what this do ?
and can i just set it to zero since I plan on building all the view types from buttom ?
And in an effort to save myself some time and to much trial error i will try and ask some questions I wondered about last time, I do not know if they are obvious but to me they are not.
Is there any diffenrence in performence between using overlays vs. diffuse textures or any other reason to be using one over the other ?
and can a diffuse texture be used by its own like over an image.
diffusetexture
Almost forgot is it possible to set an overall background color instead of having to set it for each window? I have tried adding it to a background include but dident really do anything
and lastly but most important what do u guys use for homescreen fanart,new movies/episode, in progress and so on?
Hope you can help yet again, but plz remember I do not actually know what I am doing I'm hacking my way through it Huh

Ztrust
It would be great if you could stop coloring your text.
if you don´t have any special reason to do otherwise just leave effectslowdown untouched (1.0). It is explained in the wiki if you want further details.
overlays and diffuse textures are two completely different things so that question does not make too much sense.
Homescreen fanart is the skinner´s preference, some prefer a static background, some prefer fanarts.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
hey Phil
meant to answer you sooner but lost internet as i pressed reply
sorry about the coloring figured it would highlight the actual questions in there.
I did read the wikki and did find this
Quote:effectslowdown A multiplier that is applied to all <animation> effect lengths in the skin. Useful to slow down all animations globally so that you can better configure timings and see interactions between animating controls.
and I played with the number but couldent see a difference.
well you can achieve almost the same things with overlays as you can with diffuse textures regarding to background fanart. (where my head was at)
And i am sorry if I did not explain myself very well, but i did mean as experienced skinners you guys have tried have out the different skripts for getting fanart and info on the home screen
and have developed a prefrence for what works best ?
so my question was what scripts to use for different things on the homescreen ?
Use backgroundcolor if you don't want to use an image.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Window_Structure
hey Hitcher
I am using a background color at the moment, but I was trying to figure out to set it globally instead of having to specify it per window
Use an include but you'd have to add the include to every window (note: windows and not dialogs).

Code:
<include name="backgroundcolor">
    <background>0xffffffff</background>
</include>
ok thank you I just tried that dident seem to work but I will check it out again
Thank you
(2014-11-19, 01:27)Hitcher Wrote: Use an include but you'd have to add the include to every window (note: windows and not dialogs).

Code:
<include name="backgroundcolor">
    <background>0xffffffff</background>
</include>

Including it is not a good solution I think because it doesnt help saving code.
a <constant> (assuming it works for strings, not sure about that atm) would be more appropriate (or nothing of both)
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A few simele questions.0