Resume playing media
Using the JSON-RPC API what is the easiest way to resume playing something that has been stopped previously.

I want to:
1. stop playing what's currently playing
2. play something else
3. resume playing what was playing in the first place

I know how to do 1 and 2 but I don't see an easy way to do 3 without knowing what kind of media was playing in the first place.

Thanks!
XBMC/Kodi doesn't remember what you played before so you'll have to remember that yourself and take care of resuming it.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
sorry I did not explain it well, I know I have to remember it myself and taking care of resuming it, my question was what do I have to remember and how to resume?

it seems to me that I need to remember very different things (ids) depending on what kind of media is playing. Is there a generic way to do it that does not depend on the kind of media (i.e movie, tv show, song, etc...)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Resume playing media0