OS X how to keep xmbc in background?
Hey guys, I was new to xbmc for mac (I previously use xbmc on raspberry pi and recently updated it to mac mini 2014)since I don't have keyboard nor mouse for mac mini, I use screen sharing (os x built in feature) to control mac mini with my macbook pro and I use xbmc remote app for iOS to control xbmc.

The problem is I don't know how to put xbmc in background. So whenever xbmc is on, it's fullscreen(which is good) but I have no way to switch into other desktop. When I want to do something else, i have to quit xbmc and turn it on later, during which my remote app cannot connect to xbmc. The workaround I find right now is change xbmc into windowed view and minimized it with command+M. But I am hoping of a better way. something like maybe the following but I don't know how.

possible way 1. run xbmc in daemon and only shows up when I play the movie through my xbmc remote app.
possible way 2. open xbmc through my xbmc remote app (I've tried network wake and it doesn't work. I guess it doesn't mean open xbmc)
possible way 3. switch to another desktop when xbmc running there without buying a bluetooth trackpad. I use this four finger swipe to left/right gesture on trackpad all the time on my MBP but sadly it doesn't control the screen sharing mac mini.

I really appreciate your time. thanks!
With screen sharing you can just type a "\" (back slash) to put xbmc into windowed mode. This will let you access the desktop.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
wow backslash is cool. thanks!
btw, any tips for using remote to open xbmc application on mac os x?
don't cross post - i have answered that in your other thread
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
\ and double click the menu bar

Or

Command tab

Or

Command space for spotlight

Or

Multiple users

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how to keep xmbc in background?0