Fanart chage speed Aeon Nox 5
(2014-12-08, 16:11)McButton Wrote: Why have I touched my settings and posted like 200 times this month? I'm obsessed with customizing, even though it's all just fine. We're all like artists...only not really. Just...can't...stop....adding...blue paint to...this...sky=)

So funny and so true... Gave me a huge chuckle!
(2014-12-08, 16:16)mikesilvo164 Wrote:
(2014-12-08, 16:11)McButton Wrote: Why have I touched my settings and posted like 200 times this month? I'm obsessed with customizing, even though it's all just fine. We're all like artists...only not really. Just...can't...stop....adding...blue paint to...this...sky=)

So funny and so true... Gave me a huge chuckle!
I think we all just have OCD lol.
Maybe I am doing something wrong but I changed the default speed in the settings.xml in /userdata/script.grab.fanart/resources and it is still changing every 10 seconds. I just want it to be 60 seconds, 10 is just way too fast. Am I doing something wrong?

In the System -> Settings -> Skin Settings, I have random movie fan art and random tv fanart selected for the set item background on movies and tv shows respectively.

Of note, I also changed the visible to true in the xml file and I still don't see where to edit the values in the GUI.

Thanks for your help!
(2015-04-05, 06:28)Trik Wrote: Maybe I am doing something wrong but I changed the default speed in the settings.xml in /userdata/script.grab.fanart/resources and it is still changing every 10 seconds. I just want it to be 60 seconds, 10 is just way too fast. Am I doing something wrong?

In the System -> Settings -> Skin Settings, I have random movie fan art and random tv fanart selected for the set item background on movies and tv shows respectively.

Of note, I also changed the visible to true in the xml file and I still don't see where to edit the values in the GUI.

Thanks for your help!

You made a mistake. You are in the wrong document. Read Post #2.
You need to just change the 7 in 7000 to a lower number. 7000 means 7 seconds. I have mine set to 5000, which changes the background every 5 seconds.
After many hours of searching I found the following works for me to change the background fanart refresh rate from default 10 seconds to 60 seconds..

navigate to the following folder:

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.grab.fanart\resources\

edit the "Settings.xml" file from the location above

From...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<settings>
<setting id="refresh" type="number" default="10" label="Refresh Time" visible="false" />
<setting id="mode" type="labelenum" default="random" label="Mode" values="random|recent" visible="false" />
</settings>

To...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<settings>
<setting id="refresh" type="number" default="60" label="Refresh Time" visible="false" />
<setting id="mode" type="labelenum" default="random" label="Mode" values="random|recent" visible="false" />
</settings>

My Setup:

Kodi 14.1 Helix
Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO
- System/Appearance/Skin/Settings/Setup Aeon Nox Main Menu/Set Item Background: Random fanart
- System/Appearance/Skin/Settings/General/Setup Background Images/Fanart: Enabled

*Each Enabled View (Movies,TV,Music...etc.) must have the "Set Item Background: Random fanart" unless you want it to load something different for a particular view but it will still stay for the 60 seconds or whatever you choose to configure it for in the XML code above.

This may not work for everyone but I assume if you have my setup or similar it should. Hope this is useful to somebody. Enjoy.
Yes if you change

visible="false" to
visible="true"

then you can select it in the Kodi GUI to any time you want.
Hi,

The fast background refresh in Aeon Nox 5 was driving me nuts - which is how I ended up on this thread.

I first tried modifying:
addons/script.grab.fanart/resources/settings.xml

I changed the default value from "10" to "30" but no change after restarting Kodi. Then, I noticed there was another settings.xml in userdata/ which I assume overrides the addons/ one.

userdata/addon_data/script.grab.fanart/settings.xml

But, still no effect.

I next tried modifying defaults.xml in the aeon.nox folder. Again, I changed 10000 to 30000 (going for 30 secs). But, still -- NO EFFECT!

addons/skin.aeon.nox.5/1080i/defaults.xml

<default type="multiimage">
<aspectratio align="center">scale</aspectratio>
<fadetime>FanartCrossfadeTime</fadetime>
<include>FullscreenDimensions</include>
<timeperimage>30000</timeperimage>
<randomize>true</randomize>
</default>

I'm about to pull my hair out just trying to slow down the fanart speed!

Right before I posted this though I noticed 1 difference from the posts above.. I'm not using the 'Random Fanart' background. I'm actually using a 'Video playlist' here.

I'm doing this because I have a normal 'movies' menu item and a 'kids' menu item to keep the kids movies separate from mine.

So, maybe the above steps do work for the 'Random Fanart' item background.. but, can I control the video playlist background refresh time? I'm even willing to modify the code to get this to work.. just can't find where it's happening..

Please help!! Smile

thanks,
joe
Joe, did you ever figure this out while using a video playlist as your background? I'm having the same issue.
Happy to say that after a lot of trial and error, I figured it out. For me, the offending .xml was addons/skin.aeon.nox.silvo/1080i/Includes_LiveBG.xml.

My images were changing every 7 seconds, so I searched for "7000" and found this piece:

<include name="LiveCasesBackground">
<control type="wraplist" id="9031">
<include>HiddenList</include>
<content>$VAR[CaseContentVar]</content>
<visible>SubString(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(background),s:live,Left)</visible>
</control>
<control type="wraplist" id="9034">
<autoscroll time="7000" delay="7000" repeat="7000">SubString(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(background),s:playlist,Left)</autoscroll>
<visible>SubString(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(background),s:playlist,Left)</visible>
</control>

The "7000" I needed to change was the first one (autoscroll time). I changed it to "20000" and now my background images switch every 20 seconds instead of 7.
(2015-10-28, 04:49)manofthejungle Wrote: Happy to say that after a lot of trial and error, I figured it out. For me, the offending .xml was addons/skin.aeon.nox.silvo/1080i/Includes_LiveBG.xml.

My images were changing every 7 seconds, so I searched for "7000" and found this piece:

<include name="LiveCasesBackground">
<control type="wraplist" id="9031">
<visible>SubString(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(background),s:live,Left)</visible>
</control>
<control type="wraplist" id="9034">
<autoscroll time="7000" delay="7000" repeat="7000">SubString(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(background),s:playlist,Left)</autoscroll>
<visible>SubString(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(background),s:playlist,Left)</visible>
</control>

The "7000" I needed to change was the first one (autoscroll time). I changed it to "20000" and now my background images switch every 20 seconds instead of 7.

Always nice to see when perseverance in solving an issue results in a solution Smile Good work manofthejungle Big Grin
very cool - I'll also give this a try tonight!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fanart chage speed Aeon Nox 51