Windows Phone Version
Apologies if this is in the wrong section as I couldn't establish which was correct.

I currently have 2 Intel nucs at home as media servers both running xbmc and I am very happy with the performance provided by xbmc.

I was wondering if the developers have plans to build an xbmc app for windows phone as I am considering purchasing one and some xbmc whilst working away sounds ideal.
none of the current developers is interested in doing this.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-11-19, 16:50)Martijn Wrote: none of the current developers is interested in doing this.

Many thanks for the rapid response.
I'm just curious, why the lack of interest? I am not a programmer, so forgive my coding ignorance. But on the surface it would seem that a port from a full Windows version to a Windows Phone or Windows RT version should be pretty straight forward...
Thanks...
(2014-12-22, 13:41)sion28 Wrote: I'm just curious, why the lack of interest? I am not a programmer, so forgive my coding ignorance. But on the surface it would seem that a port from a full Windows version to a Windows Phone or Windows RT version should be pretty straight forward...
Thanks...

The main reason is that none of the developers have a Windows phone, nor current interest in getting one. Beyond that, Kodi is written primarily in C++, and most of the standard porting from Android methods just don't work that well. To adequately do a port, a developer would have to learn the architecture of Windows Phone and RT and figure out how to do what we do now with regular Windows and DXVA on that platform.

In essence, it's not easy, it's not simple, and it's not straightforward. With that said, if a user with development skills familiar with DXVA, C++, coding on the Windows phone, and Kodi stepped forward with the goal of porting to that platform, we'd love to see their work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows Phone Version0