Resolution changing automatically
Just installed Kodi beta. With this version when I have auto refresh rate change set to on the resolution also changes. Is there a way to prevent resolution from being changed?

The issue is my tv native resolution is 1360 x 768 50 hz, it also supports 60hz at this resolution not 24 hz. It is capable of receiving a 1080p 24hz signal. Previously when playing 1080p 24hz material tv would stay at native res and change to 60hz which looked fine.

Now what seems to be happening , edges disappear off the screen, display looks fuzzier and tv reports 1080p 24hz when info button pressed. I think the tv is downscaling to a res which does support 24hz which is a lower resolution than native.
I've still not got to the bottom of this new issue.

Recap, resolution set to 1368 x 768. When autorefresh change is set and a video is played, tv reports 1080p resulting in a shit picture and big black crush kodi continues to report 1368 x 768.

This is a new kodi issue. Has anything changed in the way kodi outputs video that could cause this?
debug log (wiki)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Please see linked log.

http://pastebin.com/4p3ZtY4y
The video driver reports 1366x768p24 as a supported format. What happens is that it probably emulates this mode by upscaling 1366x768p24 to 1920x1080p24 and outputting 1080p to your TV to match the refresh rate. First of all if the video driver supports it you might try to deactivate these non-native resolutions/video modes. If that is not possible, try the adjustrefreshrate entry in advancedsettings.xml to force 60p output (and thus your TV's native resolution) for 24p content.
I had already tried forcing 60hz in advanced settings but I got 1080p 60hz instead with the same effect.

I am not sure if there is a way to remove resolutions from the intel driver? I'll see what I can find out - thanks
Still not having any joy with this. Having to settle for 24p material at 50hz atm.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Resolution changing automatically0