'CodecInfo' & keyboard.xml
Im struggling to get this to work at the moment with a custom keyboard.xml file

Im using <t mod="ctrl">CodecInfo</t> under the global bindings section. If i use a different command, like ContextMenu it works, so theres no debating its the correct button (at least i dont see as there should be), and i've checked, for whatever reason, and this is the only instance for that specific button binding in the xml file.

If i press 'O/o' then up pops the codec info, but i need to jump onto my tablet, open teamviewer and RDP to the XMBC PC and press 'o' to do that, rather than pressing a remote button with that command behind it. The spelling is correct, i can c&p it from its entry under 'o' in the xml file and the wiki. I cant find a remote_keypress='o' so that my button press effectively presses 'o' which then causes the codecinfo to work.

However, what IS happening when i press my desired button, is that im getting a popup for the subtitle position ('subtitle position on screen') which i think i found in the wiki but there wasnt anything in my xml file like it.

Im editing the file here: \AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\keyboard.xml
and for good measure, duplicated in: \Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\keymaps

Normally its just the first one, in AppData, but i wanted to make sure something wasnt conflicting in there.

Any ideas??
Its obviously not particularly important, but if theres a workaround for now, i'd be happy to use it.

Also, while im posting this, is the Hardware Acceleration problematic currently? If i use it, then i have to disable the DXVA2 line, or use software (which tbh works fine anyway) otherwise anything green tends to flicker in contrast/shade every few seconds and it wasnt there in Gotham.

Im using Win8.1, latest Kodi beta (beta3? something 3 from the last day or 2) and a generic MCE remote.

Thx
You need to add "<t mod="ctrl">CodecInfo</t>" under <Fullscreenvideo>, rather than global. Global is basically the default, but a specific window setting, like <fullscreenvideo> overrides it, which is why you are getting the normal ctrl+T behavior instead of your custom behavior.
Thanks for the reply Ned, i'll give that a go.
Worked a treat that, thanks for the assistance.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
'CodecInfo' & keyboard.xml0