Hi

I compiled XBMC on Windows x64 on Virtual Box using the official guide:

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Compile_for_Windows

I set up the build environment. I called these bat files:
DownloadBuildDeps.bat
DownloadMingwBuildEnv.bat
make-mingwlibs.bat
BuildSetup.bat

After that I ran Build in VS2013 (It had some warnings regarding linking mysql, but no warnings)
And when I tried to run it, an error containing error number 0xc000007b popped out. Does anybody know why is this happening?

Thanks
Another hint, when I ran BuildSetup.bat, an installer was created. I ran it, installed kodi, ran the application and error came: "Unable to create GUI"
you are missing proper gpu drivers. which isn't at all a surprise since you are running in vbox..
OK thanks,

Can you tell me which drivers you think I'm missing, and how can I get them? Do you have some manual how to do that?

Thanks
Anyway, I tried to compile previous version of XBMC (13.2) and when running make-mingwlibs.bat I get:
The system can not find path specified.
msys environment not found.

I installed MinGW and msys (edited PATH also). Is there some problem with 13.2. version?
(2014-11-21, 11:23)jocastoja Wrote: Anyway, I tried to compile previous version of XBMC (13.2) and when running make-mingwlibs.bat I get:
The system can not find path specified.
msys environment not found.

I installed MinGW and msys (edited PATH also). Is there some problem with 13.2. version?

No there isn't a problem. If you follow the wiki page it should just work
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thanks Martin,

OK, but do you know what is the problem with version 14? The problem I have when running the application?

(2014-11-20, 16:23)jocastoja Wrote: Hi

I compiled XBMC on Windows x64 on Virtual Box using the official guide:

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Compile_for_Windows

I set up the build environment. I called these bat files:
DownloadBuildDeps.bat
DownloadMingwBuildEnv.bat
make-mingwlibs.bat
BuildSetup.bat

After that I ran Build in VS2013 (It had some warnings regarding linking mysql, but no warnings)
And when I tried to run it, an error containing error number 0xc000007b popped out. Does anybody know why is this happening?

Thanks
Should I compile XBMC on win64 or win32? Can that be a problem?
Thats not a problem. Have a look into debug log (wiki) it will tell you why the application couldn't be created. You have to ensure that you have turned 2d/3d support turned on for your vm i guess.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
OK, I will try that when I do compile again.

Now, I've got an error while compiling: Cannot open include file: 'libavcodec/avcodec.h': No such file or directory.
Manual says that I should download archive and run DownloadBuildDeps.bat again.
Where can I find this archive?

Thanks
(2014-11-21, 16:21)jocastoja Wrote: OK, I will try that when I do compile again.

Now, I've got an error while compiling: Cannot open include file: 'libavcodec/avcodec.h': No such file or directory.
Manual says that I should download archive and run DownloadBuildDeps.bat again.
Where can I find this archive?

Thanks

If you call "DownloadMingwBuildEnv.bat" get error 'The syntax of the command is incorrect' in cmd.
In link path xbmc folder, You remove character "-", "_", then you try again "DownloadMingwBuildEnv.bat" and "make-mingwlibs.bat".
Thanks Luka, but I don't get this error. Any other ideas?
What is version to compile?
14 or 13.2. If you have a full set of instructions how to compile any version I would be very grateful. Smile Instructions on wiki page are not working in mu case.
I managed to compile it without errors, but I still cannot run XBMC. BuildSetup created an exe file but I get "Unable to create GUI. Exiting." message.
Is it because of the VirtualBox?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Compiled XBMC Error0