Nas guidance please
Hi all
I looked into getting a nas before but never got one for various reasons.
I've got dn2820 nuc with 500gb harddrive running openelec.
I currently have my nuc hardwired to router. Now how easy is it to connect a nas to the nuc?
Is it a case of plugging the nas into router and it automatically picks it up?
I have a lot of movies on laptop so would like to transfer to the nas then play on the nuc.(got more than 500gb worth )

Finally can you reccomend a easy nas to set up and use. Minimum 2tb £100-£150 if possible.
Thanks in advance
NAS = Network Attached Storage
Network means you access it as it implies, via the network.
You do not connect it directly into a PC. Even though it is possible, but it is a bit advanced.
A NAS should get a DHCP address once it is connected into the router.
Now what you do with the NAS, it is up to you. As you should be able to see the files via DNLA, shares, etc.

Recommend? Well, all that depends what you will be doing with it and budget. Some have nice apps to also connect remotely, to backup PCs, some have better DNLA servers, or easier Manag tools, some support Plex, some don't, low voltage, torrent clients, etc.

I currently have a WD My Book Live, had a Dlink before as well as some DIY servers.

Keep and eye here as well

Good luck!
AFTV (non-rooted + Kodi)
WD My Book Live NAS
Thanks for the reply. Nas would be to just watch my stored movies and possibly download more too.
I have an Apple TV in another room so would be good if it could access the nas too
For you budget, I would recommend what I use at home. It is simple enough to set up, stable and provides pretty good functionality for the price.

http://www.dlink.com/uk/en/support/produ...-enclosure

The D-Link 320 - 2 Bay.

There are much better NAS options out there, but for £45 (without disks obviously) it's a bargain.

http://www.ebuyer.com/248760-d-link-dns-...re-dns-320

I would get 2 x 2tb or 2 x 3tb drives to put in there and RAID them up for redundancy.

I use my NAS for sharing my movies and TV Shows over my internal network to XBMC, over FTP to my friends, over WebDav when I am out and about and I can even stream from it on my phone as I have a decent uplink from home

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nas guidance please0