• 165(current)
Mod AEON SHEDNOX HELIX [v.3.0 - UPDATED: FEB. 25th, 2015] (Aeon Nox 4.1.9.9 based)
this skin isnt supported anymore !
if you want a nox 4 skin, you should check this thread a bit more...
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

M A D N O X - incl "HOW TO - SETUP TRICKS..." on first page !!!
Extra GFX Stuff for AeonNox Mods
(2015-09-27, 15:45)DJHulp Wrote: Can somebody please Explain how to add Custom Sub Menu? Wink
I can't find it, anywhere.
I'm using Kodi 15.1 "Isengard".

Goto Main Menu Item Customizer (Settings, appearance, skin settings, customizers), or choose edit main menu under system sub menu.

Then choose the main menu item you want to add submenu to, and press enter.
Then choose set submenu and you get the submenu window.

Then, there is a trick. To active a custom submenu, you must first choose one of the custom switches and THEN choose a default set on the Left. If not, it will not stick. So first choose a custom set, and then press enter on one of the default items.

Hope this clarifies things. It is also the same on madnox skin, which I would recommend you switch to.

/om
(2015-09-27, 18:57)oleroc Wrote:
(2015-09-27, 15:45)DJHulp Wrote: Can somebody please Explain how to add Custom Sub Menu? Wink
I can't find it, anywhere.
I'm using Kodi 15.1 "Isengard".

Goto Main Menu Item Customizer (Settings, appearance, skin settings, customizers), or choose edit main menu under system sub menu.

Then choose the main menu item you want to add submenu to, and press enter.
Then choose set submenu and you get the submenu window.

Then, there is a trick. To active a custom submenu, you must first choose one of the custom switches and THEN choose a default set on the Left. If not, it will not stick. So first choose a custom set, and then press enter on one of the default items.

Hope this clarifies things. It is also the same on madnox skin, which I would recommend you switch to.

/om
Thank You, for the Help.
And for the tip from the New Skin. Wink
(2015-03-04, 19:26)schimi2k Wrote: small SHEDNOX 101: ( This and the next 2 Posts include ! )
Well, since SHEDNOX is working realy well right now (not perfect but it runs realy smooth here), i´ve decide to make a small 101 for people who dont realy know some basic Options and Settings. This is how i do a fresh and clean KODI/SHEDNOX setup ! ( I am using Windows 7 OS )
I dont wanna say that all steps i make are perfect or realy needed, or the best way to do it, but this is the way i do (basicly), and everything is working realy nice here
( I dont use the PVR Functions, or any Picture things and i dont make a 100% "stepbystep Manual for dummys" )

Most Important for ALL Skins and for KODI is a good Movie/TVShow Structure of your collection - if u dont have the right names/structure in your collection u will get always problems with it - its realy important to take a look at the KODI wiki before u start with KODI - i ve learned it the hard way, and i cant count how often i change/update my collection
KODI WIKI

This Post(s) are WIP and i will Update it from time to time when its necessary - When you found a Mistake, some helpful other infos or questions, please send me a PM !!! i will Add it to my 101 posts ( to keep it a clean )
If u dont use Windows OS, u need to check >>> HERE <<< what paths your OS is using - for Linux the .kodi folder is invisible - u need to make it visible first, before u can add/edit the files inside ( check google how u do it )

okay lets START...

WHAT YOU NEED:

skin.aeon.shednox.helix
GET IT FROM HERE >>> GIT or Mediafire - "GIT version" with unpacked textures.xbt file and "Mediafire version" with one compressed textures.xbt file

ADDONS I AM USING (04.03.2015):
DOWNLOAD WHOLE PACK HERE - UPDATE 08.03 - I added the script.toolbox... even when its already in first post from shedrock... just to complete my package

MY BASIC STEPS:

1. Install Kodi ( and all wanted adjustments like advancedsettings.xml,sources... etc )
2. Copy "skin.aeon.shednox.helix" to >>> C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons
3. Copy all Addons from my Addon Pack >>> C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons
4. Copy all needed playlists to >>> C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\playlists\ >>> either video\music\mixed
5. Start KODI
6. Configure KODI ( - settings= Expert >>> Language, Video, Audio , Network ... etc)
7. Configure all ADDONS ! ( most of the People forget this - some addons needs special paths, logins or something like that )
8. Choose Shednox Skin
9. Configure Shednox

GENERAL:
Standard settings ... important here is the "Enable Backend Mode" if u want the "Movieset case Mod"

CUSTOMIZERS:
Most of the Settings here are for the Optics and Colors u want - important settings here is to set the paths to the wanted icons in "Customize Icons"
- under General Settings u can configure the Playlists in "Smartplaylist Manager" - if u dont see your playlists here, u dont have the Addons needed
(script.randomandlastitems and script.playlists) u should see your playlists directly > no need to search for them when u have them inside your playlistfolder
- In Main menu item customizer u configure your main menu - u can choose what items u want, widgets, backrounds etc...

HELP:
you can see here if some needed addon is missing

PATHS:
set the Path to your Music Library if u want "Fanart" for music artists etc and select your music Structure

10. Add your sources and scrape your content - I scrape all of my Stuff outside of KODI with "MediaElch" ( Movies, TV-SHows and Audio ! ) - thats why i need to choose the LocalScraper for it (else u need to choose the online Scraper of your choice inside KODI )
11. if u want to have the nice movieset effect ( animated open movieset Case ) u need to go to >>>
Movies > choose Showcase View > Viewtype Setting > BD/DVD Cases > activate Show CD Art > activate Showcase Mod > activate No case for movieset >
activate Open Set as Boxcase ... if u want u can activate the Big Covers and Open Case if u want to have them
- If u want to have movieset Logos and special backrounds for Moviesets you should use "Movieset Artwork Automator" Addon
( Check my Tutorial in the 3rd Post of this 101 )

12. Have fun with Kodi or maybe more later...

Next Post some FAQs...

( PS: English isnt my native Language - so sorry for every typo i did here - THX )

Hello schimi2k,

Nice Mod. but what is wrong with the link that has your addon pack. did you remove it. can you please post a link to a new one?

Thanks in advance
(2015-10-10, 17:02)werlay Wrote: Hello schimi2k,

Nice Mod. but what is wrong with the link that has your addon pack. did you remove it. can you please post a link to a new one?

Thanks in advance
SHEDNOX is dead... go to MADNOX Thread... is SHEDNOX with some new stuff Smile
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

Is it possible to make the blue overlay white? i have been searching in the skin settings file and see radio button id 140 for the blue ovelray, but i do not seem to find how this is called or where the blue comes from is it a color code somewhere or just a blue png? Could you please tell me the location of the color code or the name of the png. Thewn i can make the overlay white myself... thank you
Is there anything directly impacted that wouldn't work by just using this in 15?
I was messing with some stuff on the new nox, and it has a few bugs So, I imported this to 15.2, and it seems fine.

What am I giving up? I noticed that when I had Gotham to Helix, I could keep the same skin as well. It had like 2 broken things that I fixed pretty quick. I'm not opposed to upgrading the skin, but I don't want to fix what isn't messed up. I just want the 15 enhancements in video for the future.
(2015-05-31, 07:12)relayer35 Wrote:
(2015-05-30, 20:32)neurosis13 Wrote:
(2015-05-30, 07:25)relayer35 Wrote: First of all, I'd like to thank everyone who has worked on this skin. I've finally been able to upgrade to Helix, and it's nice to have all my Aeon Nox functionality that I've come to love.

Got a quick question. TheTVDB has changed the studio for Fox shows to "Fox (US)". I think this is causing the Fox logo not to appear. Any idea how to get the skin to show the Fox logo for "Fox (US)". I tried copying the FOX.png to FOX (US).png but that wasn't enough.

Thanks.

FOX (US).png did it for me, if you are using a linux system or openelec it must be written in upper case to show up.

Thanks. I figured it out. I was looking in the wrong place for the flags. They were still being pulled from the textures.xbt file. I needed to make ABC (US) as well.

relayer35, Could you explain EXACTLY what you did to achieve this? I need to do the same thing.

EDIT:
For anyone else who needs to do this... I was trying to add them to the place where all the PNGs are already located (which happen to be a different plugin).
"\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo\resources\skins\Default\media\flags\studios"

The place the need to be added is the following location (note: the sub folders did not exist and I had to create them)...
"\Kodi\addons\skin.aeon.nox.5\media\flags\studios"
Where can I find this image in color:

https://github.com/shedrock/skin.aeon.sh...oscars.png

edit: found it
Here you go Edworld:

https://www.mediafire.com/?b2uim2kv3d143ku
(2016-03-25, 02:05)shedrock Wrote: Here you go Edworld:

https://www.mediafire.com/?b2uim2kv3d143ku

Thanks
I can not find the skin in the new update
(2016-05-07, 01:09)eidanab Wrote: I can not find the skin in the new update

Shednox is no longer under DEV ! check out alternatives like Silvos Nox 5 Mod or Madnox

Hi there. Let me first say that I simply ADORE this skin and Im using it or a long time. I refuse to update to a newer version of kodi simply because of this skin. I dont know if Mr. Shedrock still responds to this thread but I have one small bug/error that Id like to solve somehow.

Every time I play some sort of picture or a comicbook fullscreen while using this skin, I get some sort of transparent black overlay on top of the image. This only happens while using this particular skin.

Here is this overlay on top of some comics:

http://s32.postimg.org/uevzca6rp/220079.png

How can I remove this overlay? Theres gotta be some way to do it. Maybe I could find that png file and edit it so it could be completely transparent so when it shows, it cant be seen?
Can someone please tell me where in the code or in the files I could find that file?

Please someone, anyone, help me do this.

-Brian.
This skin is no longer supported. However, when updating Kodi (I use Isengard) Shednox still worked for me. However, Madnox is almost exactly the same with some very cool and useful enhancements and fixes. There's really no negative for upgrading. You'll have to (want to) re-customize your skin settings, but after you do, you're good.

That said, I'm sure nobody will help you further with Shednox issues as they have been resolved and are actively being worked on with Madnox. Do yourself a favor and just let it go. It's worth it.
  • 165(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AEON SHEDNOX HELIX [v.3.0 - UPDATED: FEB. 25th, 2015] (Aeon Nox 4.1.9.9 based)29