• 109(current)
Mod AEON SHEDNOX HELIX [v.3.0 - UPDATED: FEB. 25th, 2015] (Aeon Nox 4.1.9.9 based)
yup. folder is named specials and poster is named like that, tried a few alternatives in the variables and alternatvie jpg names s but no luck for me so far,
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
folder should have the name:
SEASON 00

and inside this folder the files should start with:
TVSHOWNAME S00E01 SPECIALTITLE.mkv

specials are stored as "season00" - thats why its a bit confusing, because the poster is named "season-specials-poster.jpg" and not "season00-poster.jpg"

i will see if i get the same problem like u guys, when i am at that point hehe - i am reconfigure a clean and fresh install of my main player atm... ( make a "small" 101 )

EDIT:
have now installed a fresh kodi 14.2 ( even with this movieset bug ) and latest shednox from git - and i have special posters with my structure ( season00 and season-specials-poster.jpg )
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

M A D N O X - incl "HOW TO - SETUP TRICKS..." on first page !!!
Extra GFX Stuff for AeonNox Mods
(2015-03-04, 13:57)schimi2k Wrote: i will see if i get the same problem like u guys, when i am at that point hehe - i am reconfigure a clean and fresh install of my main player atm... ( make a "small" 101 )

Nice idea! It'll be of much help...

Thank you Nod
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
small SHEDNOX 101: ( This and the next 2 Posts include ! )
Well, since SHEDNOX is working realy well right now (not perfect but it runs realy smooth here), i´ve decide to make a small 101 for people who dont realy know some basic Options and Settings. This is how i do a fresh and clean KODI/SHEDNOX setup ! ( I am using Windows 7 OS )
I dont wanna say that all steps i make are perfect or realy needed, or the best way to do it, but this is the way i do (basicly), and everything is working realy nice here
( I dont use the PVR Functions, or any Picture things and i dont make a 100% "stepbystep Manual for dummys" )

Most Important for ALL Skins and for KODI is a good Movie/TVShow Structure of your collection - if u dont have the right names/structure in your collection u will get always problems with it - its realy important to take a look at the KODI wiki before u start with KODI - i ve learned it the hard way, and i cant count how often i change/update my collection
KODI WIKI

This Post(s) are WIP and i will Update it from time to time when its necessary - When you found a Mistake, some helpful other infos or questions, please send me a PM !!! i will Add it to my 101 posts ( to keep it a clean )
If u dont use Windows OS, u need to check >>> HERE <<< what paths your OS is using - for Linux the .kodi folder is invisible - u need to make it visible first, before u can add/edit the files inside ( check google how u do it )

okay lets START...

WHAT YOU NEED:

skin.aeon.shednox.helix
GET IT FROM HERE >>> GIT or Mediafire - "GIT version" with unpacked textures.xbt file and "Mediafire version" with one compressed textures.xbt file

ADDONS I AM USING (04.03.2015):
DOWNLOAD WHOLE PACK HERE - UPDATE 08.03 - I added the script.toolbox... even when its already in first post from shedrock... just to complete my package

MY BASIC STEPS:

1. Install Kodi ( and all wanted adjustments like advancedsettings.xml,sources... etc )
2. Copy "skin.aeon.shednox.helix" to >>> C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons
3. Copy all Addons from my Addon Pack >>> C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons
4. Copy all needed playlists to >>> C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\playlists\ >>> either video\music\mixed
5. Start KODI
6. Configure KODI ( - settings= Expert >>> Language, Video, Audio , Network ... etc)
7. Configure all ADDONS ! ( most of the People forget this - some addons needs special paths, logins or something like that )
8. Choose Shednox Skin
9. Configure Shednox

GENERAL:
Standard settings ... important here is the "Enable Backend Mode" if u want the "Movieset case Mod"

CUSTOMIZERS:
Most of the Settings here are for the Optics and Colors u want - important settings here is to set the paths to the wanted icons in "Customize Icons"
- under General Settings u can configure the Playlists in "Smartplaylist Manager" - if u dont see your playlists here, u dont have the Addons needed
(script.randomandlastitems and script.playlists) u should see your playlists directly > no need to search for them when u have them inside your playlistfolder
- In Main menu item customizer u configure your main menu - u can choose what items u want, widgets, backrounds etc...

HELP:
you can see here if some needed addon is missing

PATHS:
set the Path to your Music Library if u want "Fanart" for music artists etc and select your music Structure

10. Add your sources and scrape your content - I scrape all of my Stuff outside of KODI with "MediaElch" ( Movies, TV-SHows and Audio ! ) - thats why i need to choose the LocalScraper for it (else u need to choose the online Scraper of your choice inside KODI )
11. if u want to have the nice movieset effect ( animated open movieset Case ) u need to go to >>>
Movies > choose Showcase View > Viewtype Setting > BD/DVD Cases > activate Show CD Art > activate Showcase Mod > activate No case for movieset >
activate Open Set as Boxcase ... if u want u can activate the Big Covers and Open Case if u want to have them
- If u want to have movieset Logos and special backrounds for Moviesets you should use "Movieset Artwork Automator" Addon
( Check my Tutorial in the 3rd Post of this 101 )

12. Have fun with Kodi or maybe more later...

Next Post some FAQs...

( PS: English isnt my native Language - so sorry for every typo i did here - THX )
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

FAQ´s:

Some Basics:
- u will get problems when u "MIX" things inside the "1080i" folder - when u took some xxx.xml files, or Code from other Mods and mixed it with the original Shednox files inside the "1080i folder" u could get some strange Problems !
- u will get strange problems when u test more then one "nox" skins with one guisettings.xml !
( when u wanna test for example Shednox, NOX 5 and maybe Phils Nox with one guisettings.xml ) - if u want to check the other Nox skins, try to use always a new guisettings.xml - and even when u did u can get problems too, and need to use a fresh texturesxx.db

where are all the skin settings and kodi settings are stored ?
- C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\guisettings.xml ( Windows OS )
when u have some problems, try to restart KODI and maybe your player first.
If u have strange problems, and test maybe other nox skins too, you should use a clean guisettings.xml file maybe
i have one clean guisettings.xml file as a backup with my Basic-Kodi settings ( language,audio,video,network ... no skin settings !!! ) - if u need to use a clean guisettings.xml u can use this, and save some time - because you just need to configure your skinsettings

How do i get a CLEAN guisettings.xml
- Thats simple > just delete/rename your old guisettings.xml and after a restart of KODI u get a new clean guisettings.xml file - u see now the basic confluence skin without any settings !!! ( like a fresh KODI Installation )
- after that, configure all KODI settings ( language, video, audio, network ) - NO Skin settings ! - close KODI and make a backup of that guisettings.xml file and save it somewhere
If u need a clean guisettings.xml one day, u can replace the old/broken guisettings.xml file with this backup - u save some time, because all KODI settings are done already

where are all Addons Settings are stored ?
- C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data ( Windows OS )

where are the playlists stored?
- C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\playlists\ >>> either video\music\mixed ( Windows OS )

My Thumbnails or GFX are acting weird or are messed up - what can i do ?
when u have some problems, try to restart KODI and maybe your player first.
If this doesnt help ! I ! do this >>> first i delete the textures13.db file ( kodi 14.x ) inside here: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\Database\ ( Windows OS )
Restart kodi and then the system rebuilds all textures again from infos of the nfos of the movies/tvshows
If this doesnt help i delete also the Thumbnail folder inside here: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata ( Windows OS )
>>> this should be the last try ! because it will take a while, until all the new thumbnails are stored inside this thumbnail folder again - all gfx u see are stored inside this folder

Shednox Update is available - what should i do now ?
- Shednox is not on any official Repository and we dont have the time/webspace to make our own ( we try with our Github but it doesnt work )
so u need to download the new version and replace the old "skin.aeon.shednox.helix" folder with the new one - your settings are saved in guisettings.xml - so you dont loose any settings when u replace it !

I dont see any Movieset Infos inside the Movieset Case
- try to restart kodi - if this doesnt help, check if u have script.moreinfo in your addons folder

t b c >>>

How to activate SHOWCASE MOD and Open Cases

watch gallery

How to name your Movie and TV-Series Collection and what Fanart u need for all possible Images

watch gallery

How to configure and activate your Moviesets with the "Movie Set Artwork Automator"

watch gallery

A good post from "k4sh1n" how to configure your smart Playlists: (THX for Posting this)

>>> CLICK HERE <<<

tbc...

Hey schimi2k,

thanks for the 101. For me the addon-package was a good help.
@schimi2k could you give the list of addons you are using in the section "addons i am using" ?
(2015-03-04, 20:55)twolaw Wrote: @schimi2k could you give the list of addons you are using in the section "addons i am using" ?

its a lot, and i dont want to make this posts too long - its just about 20 mb Wink so just download and see whats inside

@schimi2k

Bravo !!!!
Schimi2k wonderful initiative, to be explored, perhaps with its own specific topic 101, with the specific preparation you have on this skin, to completion of this well would see a Youtube video, even without a voice comment on the whole mosaic on the settings and tricks that you can offer skin Shednox.
I've been through a lot of skins and came across this gem. I had everything set up then all of the sudden something happened. The second slot in the furniture I exchanged to be TV, the button says TV but its going to Music. When I try to fix it it just reverts back to music. I exchanged it with another slot but the same thing happens. Its almost like slot 2 will direct to music no matter what. Anyone else have this happen? I'm using the latest nightly 15 build on Linux Mint.
(2015-03-05, 02:53)spawn026 Wrote: I've been through a lot of skins and came across this gem. I had everything set up then all of the sudden something happened. The second slot in the furniture I exchanged to be TV, the button says TV but its going to Music. When I try to fix it it just reverts back to music. I exchanged it with another slot but the same thing happens. Its almost like slot 2 will direct to music no matter what. Anyone else have this happen? I'm using the latest nightly 15 build on Linux Mint.

Hate to tell you but this has happened to me before and there is no "fix". You basically need to kill your guisetting.xml file in the Kodi/Userdata folder and then start from scratch. The only prevent I've ever found is to make back-ups of that file as I go through setting things up and then multiple back-ups once I get things the way I like them. Sucks, but there's no other way around it from my experience.
(2015-03-04, 19:26)schimi2k Wrote: FAQ´s:

Some Basics:
- u will get problems when u "MIX" things inside the "1080i" folder - when u took some xxx.xml files, or Code from other Mods and mixed it with the original Shednox files inside the "1080i folder" u could get some strange Problems !
- u will get strange problems when u test more then one "nox" skins with one guisettings.xml !
( when u wanna test for example Shednox, NOX 5 and maybe Phils Nox with one guisettings.xml ) - if u want to check the other Nox skins, try to use always a new guisettings.xml - and even when u did u can get problems too, and need to use a fresh texturesxx.db

where are all the skin settings and kodi settings are stored ?
- C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\guisettings.xml ( Windows OS )
If u have strange problems, and test maybe other nox skins too, you should use a clean guisettings.xml file
i have one clean guisettings.xml file as a backup with my Basic-Kodi settings ( language,audio,video,network ... no skin settings !!! ) - if u need to use a clean guisettings.xml u can use this, and save some time - because you just need to configure your skinsettings

where are all Addons Settings are stored ?
- C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data ( Windows OS )

where are the playlists stored?
- C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\playlists\ >>> either video\music\mixed ( Windows OS )

My Thumbnails or GFX are acting weird or are messed up - what can i do ?
- i do this >>> first i delete the textures13.db file ( kodi 14.x ) inside here: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\Database\ ( Windows OS )
Restart kodi and then the system rebuilds all textures again from infos of the nfos of the movies/tvshows
If this doesnt help i delete also the Thumbnail folder inside here: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata ( Windows OS )
>>> this should be the last try ! because it will take a while, until all the new thumbnails are stored inside this thumbnail folder again - all gfx u see are stored inside this folder

Shednox Update is available - what should i do now ?
- Shednox is not on any official Repository and we dont have the time/webspace to make our own ( we try with our Github but it doesnt work )
so u need to download the new version and replace the old "skin.aeon.shednox.helix" folder with the new one - your settings are saved in guisettings.xml - so you dont loose any settings when u replace it !

I dont see any Movieset Infos inside the Movieset Case
- try to restart kodi - if this doesnt help, check if u have script.moreinfo in your addons folder

t b c >>>

Shimi2k, where are you saying I can find a clean guisettings.XML? I would like to use a new one.
  • 109(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AEON SHEDNOX HELIX [v.3.0 - UPDATED: FEB. 25th, 2015] (Aeon Nox 4.1.9.9 based)29