Linux Adding 2nd hard drive to xbmcbuntu, trash can doesn't work.
Hi all.

I've added a second hard drive to my xbmcbuntu setup, formatted to ext4 using gparted and mounted via fstab using defaults.

At first I couldn't save of change files but changing permissions fixed that easily enough.

The thing that is bugging me is that I can only permanently delete files as it comes up with error saying trash can not supported.

Any ideas?
Most likely the .trash directory has wrong permissions not suitable to your user. That can be fixed with a chown.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-11-21, 09:42)fritsch Wrote: Most likely the .trash directory has wrong permissions not suitable to your user. That can be fixed with a chown.

Your probably right..... but dammed if I can sort it!
I've created a .Trash-1000 folder, changed permissions for it and mount point etc etc and still getting
Code:
Some files cannot be moved to the rubbish bin because the underlying file systems don’t support this operation.
Do you want to delete them instead?

I know very few commands off by heart and tend to save snippets or copy paste stuff.
Followed so many forum threads I'm sure I'm just trying the same stuff again over and over!

Half tempted to just do a complete reinstall and see if it mounts hard drive/partition correctly when mounted from install.

Not sure if its relevant, clutching at straws a bit here but would gpt be the problem?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding 2nd hard drive to xbmcbuntu, trash can doesn't work.0