XBMC Changing IPAddress
Hi Forum,

So I am having an issue with two android phones (Droid Bionic & Droid RAZR) and Yatse. I have been able to configure both of these devices previous to a few days ago to work with Yatse. I'm not sure what happened, but when now when I launch XBMC my IP address changes to 192.168.157.1. I have both of these devices set to static IP addresses on my router. I have uninstalled and reinstalled XBMC on both devices. I have spent hours searching the internet for someone else who is having the same problem, but nothing. Both devices go to that same address, even if they're both on at the same time. I can still use both of them to stream media, and they work well in all other aspects other than Yatse not working with them.

Is there a way to set a static IP from within XBMC Gotham for android?
XBMC won't touch your IP address, this is done through the host OS, in your case Android.

You may want to check your static IP settings on your router or try setting a static IP from Android itself.
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
As I stated, both devices are already set to static ip addresses through my router. They are also set to the same respective addresses on each phone in the WiFi settings for my SSID on each device.

I have checked my ip on the phones and confirmed that it is set to the address it is supposed to be set to with linksys software. As soon as I launch XBMC, it changes to an ip in my dchp range. It has to be XBMC.
No it's not.
Is it an official version? Are you using unapproved add-ons?

Even so, I don't see how an app could overrule your router / dhcp
i doubt that xbmc changes IP address.

i have another problem. my android box keeps changing mac address on every boot and thats driving me crazy because then it gets every time another ip address regardless of dhpc lease time. and i can't give it a static IP address because then it won't boot with ethernet cable connected. but it's not an xbmc problem. seems like it is custom rom's problem.

rgds,
pirlone
Yeah, that one about MAC address changing at every reboot I often see in droid boxes.
Might be the origin of the OP issue...
That would make sense. I have not double checked to see if the MAC is the same as the device that my router is supposed to be setting to a static IP. I dont think that my phones are reissuing themselves new MAC addresses upon reboot, but I haven't checked. Like I said though, I have watched the phone register on my network at the address they are supposed to be at, launched the program and witnessed it drop off and come back on as something different. Both of the phones I'm seeing this on spontaneously started doing this, and are going to the same IP address (192.168.157.1).

However, I have been using XBMC for a long time, and I have seen a few times where it (XBMC) did change the IP address. These were instances where the unit running the program was DHCP, but the program was set to static. My old XBOX running XBMC4XBOX still does this, and I have a Power PC G5 Mac that used to do the same before I set the IP address on the machine to the same static IP that was set in the Eden version of XBMC I still use on it.

So, pirlone, is this android box you have like a pivos or something similar? I was thinking of getting a Fire TV, or Apple TV to hard wire in place of one of these instaces where I'm using an old android phone. If this is an android problem I think I'll try out an older Apple TV.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Changing IPAddress0