XBMC not working help
Hello I am not a computer person that is my husband However he is currently deployed.

I am having a problem with XBMC. It lets me open the program fine but when I go to watch a show that is in my favorites or a movie it says that is was not found. So I said okay and then went to where they have movies under the featured or most popular it says the same thing. It will not play any movie or show and just says that they are not found. If anyone can help me understand why it is doing this and how to fix it I would appreciate it thank you.
Hi NavyBaby

I presume the files are on a server and this server isn´t online at the moment you want to start a movie or a show.

We need a bit more info to cofirm. So could you please go to your movie library, browse to a movie you want to watch and press "i". Then the movie info should appear. In this info you might see a "movie path". Can you please post this path here. Does it begin with an IP adress like: 192.168.x.x (the x stands for other numbers that may differ from home network to home network).

You could also post a Debug Log while trying to play a movie. That will tell us what is going wrong on your system.

Enable debug logging:

Open XBMC/Kodi, go to system->settings->system->debugging->enable debug logging. Then go to your movie library, try to play a movie (I presume it won´t play...that´s ok!!). Click away the upcoming message, that the movie doesn´t play...blabla and then exit XBMC/Kodi

Grab the logfile:

You can install an addon for this. Look for "Kodi log uploader" in your addons: http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy

I think this is the easiest way

The advanced way for grabbing a logfile:
Open your file explorer in windows and enter in the adress line %appdata%. After this you might see a folder which is either named "XBMC" or "Kodi". Only one of them exists (depends what you are using...XBMC 13 Gotham or Kodi 14 Helix). Doubleclick on that folder and in there should be a textdocument either named "xbmc" or "kodi". It should be above the file "xbmc-old" or "kodi-old". rightclick on this file and select "edit" or "open". After that a strange textdocument should open in the program "notepad". Mark the complete text (STRG+a) and copy it (STRG+c) and then go to:

http://pastebin.com/

and paste (STRG+v) the content under the field "new past". At the bottom you could select "submit". After that your logifle is pasted and then please the URL which is in your internet browser and post it here.

Greetings

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC not working help0