Win Mouse lag on Kodi with Windows 8.1
I've just installed Kodi on a Lenovo Q180 running Windows 8.1. When running Kodi, the mouse is very laggy - when you move the mouse, it takes around .25 seconds for the mouse cursor to start moving; it makes Kodi almost unusable - it's certainly a game of skill and patience now.

The Q180 has HD6450 graphics - I've installed the latest drivers which made things slightly better.

I've tried a range of screen resolutions, but that makes very little difference.

I've tried XBMC and that has the same problem.

There's also a keyboard lag of a similar time - but that doesn't make it so difficult; with the mouse it's very easy to over shoot and click the wrong option - Power off instead of Exit for example.

For "normal" windows, everything is fine - I positioned the task manager window over Kodi, and when the mouse moved over the task manager window, it's fine, as soon as it was back over Kodi it was laggy and occasionally left a "ghost" mouse cursor behind.

Kodi also seems slower than on my old Asus nettop for things like waking up after it's dimmed the screen - I can see it struggling to redraw the graphics.

I did run task manager to see if anything was taking a lot of CPU, but Kodi was using around 3% - mostly the system is idle.

-Andrew
After a lot of trying things out, I've fixed the mouse lag; the Lenovo PC - Q180 - that I have uses AMD 6450A video. I found a website that said that the older drivers worked better with XBMC; I (after a bit of a struggle) managed to find and install the 12.2 AMD drivers and voilà Kodi mouse is back to normal speed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mouse lag on Kodi with Windows 8.10