Using Llama to start XMBC on Fire TV
I have followed the Wiki on using Llama to start XBMC from a main menu shortcut on the Fire TV.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Amazon_Fire_TV#Lau...ome_Screen

However, the app it suggests 'hijacking' to start XBMC is 'Classic TV'. That app is not available in the UK. It says that other apps can be used, but they may loop when you quit XBMC, and keep restarting it again. Well I have now tried quite a few apps from the Amazon store and they all seem to do this (Flixster, Signal, Viewster).

Just wondered if anyone in the UK has found one that works and doesn't loop XBMC?

thanks
Use the app ikono TV instead of classic tv. Its a lot better than the classic tv one, doesn't flash an icon on the screen before entering xbmc.
Same here.
Thanks guys that works perfectly
I also use Ikona and it works great on the UK ftv, it's also easy to change the recent apps icon to that of kodi rather than the blue and green box!

Simply overwrite the two icons (preview and thumbnail) in the SDcard/ .imagecache/com.amazon.venezia/org.ikontv.smarttv/B00NEJS7ZO folder to two kodi icons of the same size and name.

I sideloaded ES File Explorer so used that to do the transfer once pushed to the sdcard folder.
I'm using Classic TV, but will switch. Ikona sounds better.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using Llama to start XMBC on Fire TV0