Forum Suggestion
There is a lot of background noise in many sections of the forum due to posts about banned addons / subjects, to the point where if you're trying to maintain addons in the xbmc.org repo, you have to wallow through a lot to figure out if it's something that is related to your addons. Additionally, no one seems to take the 5 seconds it takes to search for an existing support thread - they go create another one, which takes on a life of it's own as well.

I was wondering if a section could be created for the support of only the addons that are in the xbmc.org repo to separate out some of the noise?

An initial official support thread could be created in the same way the addon page is created when an addon is submitted, so new threads wouldn't be allowed, only the official ones. It would then be much easier to find/manage issues / changes to the addons.

Just a thought. Thanks.
I don't think it would help much, since people would likely just ask the question without checking to see if they can ask the question, be it banned or not, or part of XBMC.org/kodi.tv repo or not. I don't oppose the idea, though.

We can probably do something to make it easier for people to find the right place to post about an add-on in the first place. Maybe exposing the forum link in the XBMC/Kodi GUI somehow when someone sees an error or just on the add-on description page.
(2014-11-21, 18:42)Ned Scott Wrote: I don't think it would help much, since people would likely just ask the question without checking to see if they can ask the question, be it banned or not, or part of XBMC.org/kodi.tv repo or not. I don't oppose the idea, though.

We can probably do something to make it easier for people to find the right place to post about an add-on in the first place. Maybe exposing the forum link in the XBMC/Kodi GUI somehow when someone sees an error or just on the add-on description page.

Actually, I like that idea. Adding a link to the addon's menu to let the user report an error in the forum shouldn't be a big deal. Most script errors could probably except to it as well. I hadn't thought of that, thanks.

I believe that the forum link from addon.xml is already on the addon page - but like you say, no one bothers checking. I was just thinking that having a section of fixed support threads for xbmc.org addons in the forum would give folks with legitimate questions an easier starting place.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Forum Suggestion0