Need some advice on Building simple plugin
I am just looking to make a simple plugin similar to certain "movie addons" (don't want to mention) all it has to do is show on demand mp4 episodes of our original shows in 5 sections(for each show) which we will upload from our server. I also wanted it to be fanart based with no text unless its under the fanart(cover). Anyone have any suggestions, or either anywhere where i can just pay someone to develop it and how much it should cost so I don't get ripped off

Thanks
So it contacts your server and gets a list of shows, then creates a window with 5 icons (one for each section), and populates the shows (with art only) in each of those sections, then on the user selection, it streams that show from you server or downloads and then plays the file?

Offering to pay people is usually suspicious. Usually the plugins are developed by people who think the content is good and should be available to KODI users. Any reason why you cant disclose what the shows are if they are original?
(2014-11-22, 05:31)Karnagious Wrote: So it contacts your server and gets a list of shows, then creates a window with 5 icons (one for each section), and populates the shows (with art only) in each of those sections, then on the user selection, it streams that show from you server or downloads and then plays the file?

Offering to pay people is usually suspicious. Usually the plugins are developed by people who think the content is good and should be available to KODI users. Any reason why you cant disclose what the shows are if they are original?

Because its an idea I've been working on for the past few months. I haven't even let close friends/relatives know about. Its like one of those things if you talk about it, it may never get done or you jinx yourself, also I never said I wouldn't share the plugin once its complete. Its for a device, thats all I will say right now. If it was something illegal, or fishy don't you think I would offer to pay in Bitcoin or use another websiteHuhHuh
I didnt mean that the addon wouldnt be public, merely that people develop addons for things they recognise as good content. That's the #1 motivation.
you'll need to give details of how this server is set up etc so an addon developer can get started. A URL etc.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-11-22, 22:29)nickr Wrote: you'll need to give details of how this server is set up etc so an addon developer can get started. A URL etc.

Its pretty much for my online music video network. I have one main live stream at the moment. I want on demand channels (About 5 to start) for our original shows/events
Is there a reason you aren't using vimeo or youtube for this?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-11-23, 10:15)nickr Wrote: Is there a reason you aren't using vimeo or youtube for this?

because, i would like to use my own advertisement eventually plus linking videos from the internet archive is way better. Google is evil lol
Sorry to be nosy, but is this band videos or something? you said "shows".

Will this be on a publicly available website, or an internal network inside an organisation? If on the internet, is authentication/membership required or is anyone able to watch?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need some advice on Building simple plugin0