Win Sell pc or use it for parts for a new system?
Hello, i got a HP Pavilion p6-2114 that i been using as htpc. it works well but the only issue i have is that no hdmi so no audio support. i have connected though dvi no audio as well which means i have to connect a external audio source which is annoying. long story short is that should i sell it or reuse it for parts to a new system. The cpu it has is a intel i3-2120. I want basically 1080p video no 3d and could care less for streaming. Im not sure about integrated graphics but does this cpu support audio though hdmi so i don't have to purchase a gpu?

Edit: This what will be planning to do if i reuse parts and can i use the old ram in the new build instead of kingston?
CPU: Intel Core i3-2120 3.3GHz Dual-Core Processor
Motherboard: Asus P8H61-I R2.0 Mini ITX LGA1155 Motherboard
Memory: Kingston Fury Series 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Green 3TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Case: Apex MI-008 Mini ITX Tower Case w/250W Power Supplygg)
USB audio adapter? Soundbar?

That's a perfectly decent-spec box, I certainly wouldn't be rushing to chuck it out or cannibalise it...

What audio output do you have? What audio input does your display require?

Re: your edit - if that mobo supports DDR3-1600 RAM, yes... try building it on pcpartpicker, it's pretty good at spotting incompatibilities...
Instead of rebuilding or selling can you not just put an HDMI graphics card in your current PC?
(2014-11-21, 23:42)stammie Wrote: Instead of rebuilding or selling can you not just put an HDMI graphics card in your current PC?

Can you recommend me one without changing the power supply maybe and its cool if i got to change psu to.

(2014-11-21, 23:35)Prof Yaffle Wrote: USB audio adapter? Soundbar?

That's a perfectly decent-spec box, I certainly wouldn't be rushing to chuck it out or cannibalise it...

What audio output do you have? What audio input does your display require?

Re: your edit - if that mobo supports DDR3-1600 RAM, yes... try building it on pcpartpicker, it's pretty good at spotting incompatibilities...

its a 7 speaker system but i just dont want to use anymore. I just want to use this pc on a tv with hdmi only. i been using the dvi to hdmi cable but no audio. Found out the hard way after researching. I might just add gpu but not sure which.
A Nvidia 730 would be perfectly fine for HTPC usage and will have audio and video out over HDMI and should be perfectly fine on a low end PSU

Heck my current HTPC has a Nvidia GT220 just for the HDMI out since its an old HP desktop from 2007 before HDMI became standard on motherboards. Its an Old intel Pentium E2180 at 2ghz and 2gbs of ram along with the a fore mentioned GT 220 providing HDMI out.if you can find a Nvidia 720 that would do just fine but if I remember right that is OEM only and the 730 is for consumers.
(2014-11-22, 02:49)Topken Wrote: A Nvidia 730 would be perfectly fine for HTPC usage and will have audio and video out over HDMI and should be perfectly fine on a low end PSU

Heck my current HTPC has a Nvidia GT220 just for the HDMI out since its an old HP desktop from 2007 before HDMI became standard on motherboards. Its an Old intel Pentium E2180 at 2ghz and 2gbs of ram along with the a fore mentioned GT 220 providing HDMI out.if you can find a Nvidia 720 that would do just fine but if I remember right that is OEM only and the 730 is for consumers.

i found a brand new ( NVIDIA GeForce GT 720 1GB DDR3 (OEM) Video Card PCI Express 3.0) for 25 dollars. 1gb of video ram should enough?
That is plenty.
(2014-11-22, 03:14)teeedubb Wrote: That is plenty.

thanks bought two for my other pc lol

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sell pc or use it for parts for a new system?0