Video Stuttering
I just recently hardwired my router to my PC and I find now with the faster speed, a slight stutter to the video playback that wasn't there with wireless. Any thoughts or settings in XBMC I could try?
(2014-11-21, 22:44)music_lover Wrote: I just recently hardwired my router to my PC and I find now with the faster speed, a slight stutter to the video playback that wasn't there with wireless. Any thoughts or settings in XBMC I could try?
Nothing?
I would say give Kodi 14.0 a try. But then you'd have a new set of bugs to contend with.
Maybe try some video sync settings. You can also test out your bandwidth to make sure you're getting the 'faster' speed. Try a program like Process Explorer while playing something. Window XBMC by using the \ key. Check for any unusual CPU usage during playback.
(2014-11-21, 22:44)music_lover Wrote: I just recently hardwired my router to my PC and I find now with the faster speed, a slight stutter to the video playback that wasn't there with wireless. Any thoughts or settings in XBMC I could try?

Hi there

this could be a network driver problem with your network card as I had the same problem ages ago, I am not saying it might not be the fault but it might be. I updated my network driver using windows 7 pro update and had stutter problems I could not figure out what it was and there was no explanation for it as all my network is 1 gigabit network so the only thing I could think of is the network settings or driver of the card. I had to go back to the older network card driver and I have never had the problem again.

believe it or not its the only driver I don't update on my system anymore as it just works and I don't want the repeat of that again as it had my head done in, like they say if its not broke don't fix it

you could try the drivers updating it or going back to the older driver to try it out but like I said it might not be that but might be worth looking into

hope it helped
I ran speedtest.net and I am at 65mb, was at 25 with other carrier and WiFi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Stuttering0