Pulse Eight usb-cec hdmi adapter HELP
First i would check if it is an driver or hardware issue.

I would boot up an Linux on USB like Ubuntu (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Instal...StickQuick / just do not install, just boot up) and see if Ubuntu detects the CEC adapter correctly (Open a Terminal and type lsusb, it should list all USB devices, the CEC adapter should have the ID 2548:1002).

Then it is probably no hardware defect. To be sure, you can install and start XBMC/Kodi on the Live-system and then try if CEC is working (you may have to change the HDMI Port in the configuration of the CEC adapter within XBMC/Kodi).
But be aware, because if one of your devices does not support cec it won´t work. And second, check the cables. I had problems with some HDMI cables. Although HDMI-CEC was introduced with 1.2a, for me even some HDMI 1.3 cable did not work.

If everything is working, it has to be an driver issue under windows.

Greetz
I have zero experience with linux so i couldn't try it, but i tried installing Win8.1 from scratch on another HDD and installing the driver. The device is still not detected.

I have double-checked and CEC is enabled in my denon receiver (they call it "device control over hdmi" or something like that). It is also enabled on my TV, and when i turn off my TV using the TV remote it also shut down my receiver.

Edit: i just tried taking out the Geffen HDMI Deffective (so the HTPC is connected straight to the receiver). Same problem.
It takes 10 minutes to install openelec to a USB drive - it won't affect your current install. Or you can burn xbmcbuntu to a CD or a USB drive and use it in live mode.
(2014-12-02, 21:48)teeedubb Wrote: It takes 10 minutes to install openelec to a USB drive - it won't affect your current install. Or you can burn xbmcbuntu to a CD or a USB drive and use it in live mode.

Ok i just installed OpenElec on a USB stick and booted it. What to do next ? I never used OpenElec before, so how do i test the USB-CEC adapter ?
Go to xbmc's settings > system > input peripherals. Does it show up there?

Also paste the output of the command "lsusb" via ssh.
Ok i give up, i can't find any way to boot OpenElec live from a USB stick, each time the installer asks me to install it on one of my HDD, warning me that it will erease everything... I googled everywhere to find a tutorial to use OpenElec live from USB but i can't find what to do... This is too complicated for me Sad And everywhere on google it says that Pulse8 usb-cec adapter is supposed to work out of the box
(2014-12-04, 23:32)anarchoi Wrote: Ok i give up, i can't find any way to boot OpenElec live from a USB stick, each time the installer asks me to install it on one of my HDD, warning me that it will erease everything... I googled everywhere to find a tutorial to use OpenElec live from USB but i can't find what to do... This is too complicated for me Sad And everywhere on google it says that Pulse8 usb-cec adapter is supposed to work out of the box

You need to plug in a second USB stick on which you install it
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Ok i got it installed now...

But in XBMC the "peripherals" option is greyed out... Does that means that no input device is detected ?

(2014-11-26, 00:12)anarchoi Wrote: I bought it like 1 year ago and never used it until today because i had a different setup. I'm pretty sure it is out of warranty.

I also had a nightmare with their other products, i bought 2 nyxboard hybrid and they ALL had problems that could never be fixed. Even the replacement remotes had problems. Pulse Eight had tons of users having the same problems on their forums before they shut them down.
Not sure if i want to risk dealing with them again. That sucks because i liked the idea of being able to control my HTPC without direct line of sight (through my TV remote aiming at the TV instead).
And i've been looking forever for a RF HTPC remote that can also control the TV with an "universal remote side". Nyxboard was the perfect solution. It sucks that Pulse8 have so many problems with their products.

Hey,

Sorry you had issues with the NYXBoard, did you ever contact me about it?

We know it had issues but i thought we replaced out all the units while Motorola were still trading. It was ashame Google killed the department that we traded with.

Btw, CEC Adapters are never out of warranty! Only the cable, just email me on [email protected]

Cheers
(2014-12-05, 01:13)anarchoi Wrote: Ok i got it installed now...

But in XBMC the "peripherals" option is greyed out... Does that means that no input device is detected ?

Can you please drop to the linux terminal and type "lsusb" then show me everything you see in the list?

Thanks
When i got my cec adapter a little over a year ago it had me pulling out my hair, I could not figure out why it wasn't working and I had just about given up on it all together. It turns out the HDMI cables I was using weren't compatible. I remember reading they have to have a certain spec in order to work but I can't remember what that was off the top of my head. I think it's on their site or in their forum.

I'm not sure if our problems are related because I believe my adapter was recognized in KODI, just the button presses were never recognized.

Any ways, good luck to you. Having it really is a nice feature to give KODI that seamless HTPC experience.
Quote:Sorry you had issues with the NYXBoard, did you ever contact me about it?

We know it had issues but i thought we replaced out all the units while Motorola were still trading. It was ashame Google killed the department that we traded with.
I still have 2 Nyxboards here. I've got both of them replaced by Pulse-Eight, but the units i received had the exact same problem. I finally gave up.

Quote:Can you please drop to the linux terminal and type "lsusb" then show me everything you see in the list?
Sorry for the dumb question (i am a total linux noob) but how do i open the terminal in OpenElec ? It boots straight to XBMC

Quote: It turns out the HDMI cables I was using weren't compatible. I remember reading they have to have a certain spec in order to work but I can't remember what that was off the top of my head. I think it's on their site or in their forum.
I tried 3 cables so far and it doesn't work. One of the cable i tried does work with CEC because my receiver can control my TV through this cable.
Ok apparently i have to use SSH to use command line...

My OpenElec HTPC is 192.168.2.15

But when i try to connect to it with Putty, it says connection refused...

Port is 22 right ?
Do you have ssh turned on in openelec settings?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Woohoo ! Got it. I thought SSH was enabled by default

OpenELEC (official) Version: 4.2.1
OpenELEC:~ # lsusb
Bus 006 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 003 Device 006: ID 046d:c52f Logitech, Inc. Unifying Receiver
Bus 003 Device 007: ID 04d9:1203 Holtek Semiconductor, Inc. Keyboard
Bus 003 Device 005: ID 1a40:0101 Terminus Technology Inc. Hub
Bus 003 Device 004: ID 04d9:a01c Holtek Semiconductor, Inc.
Bus 003 Device 002: ID 1a40:0101 Terminus Technology Inc. Hub
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 008 Device 002: ID 0079:0011 DragonRise Inc. Gamepad
Bus 008 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 007 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 05dc:a202 Lexar Media, Inc.
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 012 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 011 Device 002: ID 1ea7:2002
Bus 011 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 009 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 010 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
OpenELEC:~ #

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pulse Eight usb-cec hdmi adapter HELP0