Using Backend Channel Numbers - pvr.wmc & OE 3.95.3
Using OpenElec 4.95.3 (Kodi Helix, Beta 3), there appears to be an issue with the "Use backend channel numbers" options for Live TV and the EPG. Whether you select this option or not within Kodi, the Kodi channel numbers assigned are used and not the backend channel numbers.

I have verified that by downgrading to OE 4.95.2 (Kodi Helix, Beta 2) this issue is not present and I am able to use backend channel numbers. Additionally, this does not seem to be an issue with the stock build of Kodi Helix, Beta 3. Thus, it leads me to believe it was something introduced in OE 4.95.3 which causes the issue.

I've posted this to the OE forums as well, but haven't received much help, so looking to the Kodi forums for perhaps more visibility...

Further Info:
- LiveTV Server Backend: ServerWMC: 1.0.0.49, build 1171
- Live TV PVR Addon: PVR WMC Client (default version which ships with 4.95.3)

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
If you have confirmed that the standard helix beta 3 doesn't have this problem, then I don't think there is much we can say about it - it does seem specific to OE. The was a change made to channel numbering in Kodi, namely enhancing it so that it accepts sub-channel numbers, but I can't see how that could effect what you are seeing. It might be interesting to know the pvr.wmc rev that came with the this OE build though.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
Here's the associated pvr.wmc info:

OE 4.95.2 version of pvr.wmc: 0.3.103
OE 4.95.3 version of pvr.wmc: 0.3.106

After looking at the pvr.wmc changelog, it doesn't seem that there is anything suspect between 0.3.103 and 0.3.106 - a few translation updates and a deadlock fix for ios/osx. So it would seem as this is even more evidence pointing to an OE specific issue.

Now if we can only get someone from the OE side of the house to take notice :-)
I agree, I can't see anything in the pvr.wmc revs that would cause this.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
never mind.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using Backend Channel Numbers - pvr.wmc & OE 3.95.30