New Set-up HTPC, NAS, Home Automation
Hello everyone,

I am moving to a new small appartment ( 100m2 with two rooms, terrace, open kitchen, living area space). Need to set-up all tech design from scratch and buy everything new. Can you give advice as to what is the final setup I should get by stages? Interested at the end in growing htpcs to each tv, having music system control different scenarios, nas, home automation devices.

Thinking i may need to have a NAS with central pc, htpc in each tv (starting w two and later adding a third). I'd appreciate any up to date guidance or referral to other guides.
Hi ,

a NAS (itunes server + storage etc) + Amazon fireTV running xbmc for each tv, sonos wifi speakers for surround/stereo (you can add multiple wifi speakers for each room), this would be a good start no wires as it can all run on wifi!! and stream from NAS.

a bit of research and your all good
Baby steps, but you have a lot of research to do. Also you do not mention your requirements. So base on the info provided:
- NAS
- FTV or Chromebox

Start with those, give it a little while, once you are settle for a while, you will be surprise how your requirements for the rest of the house, audio, home automation, smart LEDs, etc change.
AFTV (non-rooted + Kodi)
WD My Book Live NAS
You must love your TV to have 3 of them in a 100m2 apparment Nod
I'm a XBMC novice :)
Lol i do! Two bedrooms and living room. Open concept kitchen so thinking of getting a telescope and pivot wall mount for the living room tv Smile

I purchased a lenovo ideacentre q190 for now and next will buy nas as y'all recommend. Will wait for new intel chipset and then build for 4k tv.
HomeSeer for Home Audotmation, with XBMC Plugin.
Worth its weight in gold!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Set-up HTPC, NAS, Home Automation0