Recommend AC and Dual-band Wireless Router
may i ask what AC router you got instead?
My XBMC/Kodi folder: addons, skins, addon/menu backgrounds & more
Netgear r7000 Nighthawk. No problems with it.
thanks for the input but here's what I did. I bought a new router and went for the more expensive one with all the features. (Guy at store said if it didn't help return it in 30 days for a refund so I figured wth why not) well my speeds WENT PHENOMENAL! 5ghz I pull 105.6mbps, 2.4ghz I pull 46mbps minimum, hard wired hit over 107mbps. I knew the modem had the speed I paid for but the router just wasn't capable or was "tired" I guess. 105 Mbps straight out of the box. Yup I'm happy.
Fyi my other router netgear n600 I did try changing channels, tried them all. I was using the 5ghz on it and the 2.4 but the 5ghz got max of 30mbps and the 2.4 was 16-20mbps at best. Channels didn't make much difference.
Idk why my netgear couldn't perform but this new one sure does!!!
Thanks for taking the time to share thoughts.
(2014-11-25, 23:30)dcaplinger76 Wrote: Netgear r7000 Nighthawk. No problems with it.
Same, great router.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recommend AC and Dual-band Wireless Router0