Display issue with HDMI
Sad 
I'm using XBMC 13.2 on a HP Laptop with Windows 7, Connecting to a 42" LCD tv that supports up to 1080p. I am connecting via an HDMI cable.

When I'm just in the windows desktop, everything is great. runs 1920x1080 at 60hz. everything is fine and dandy

however, when i'm in XBMC, everything looks fantastic and runs fine 1080p. but with one hitch, only in XBMC the TV shows the input notification box OSD thing stating the input as HDMI 2 (where its plugged in) and the resolution (1080p). the problem is, it wont go away, i can turn it off temporarily with the remote, but it pops back up almost right away.

anyone know of anything similar as this?
Hmm never seen/heard anything like this. Look in the TV settings to see if that can be disabled. Also look at Kodi's video playback settings. Do you have it set to "Adjust display rate to match video?" Maybe that is doing something your TV doesn't like.
(2014-11-23, 18:08)kricker Wrote: Hmm never seen/heard anything like this. Look in the TV settings to see if that can be disabled. Also look at Kodi's video playback settings. Do you have it set to "Adjust display rate to match video?" Maybe that is doing something your TV doesn't like.

I checked through all my TV settings, and while i didnt find a way to disable that, i did happen into the secret rootmenu thing, and found a way to change the TVs startup screen thing....so i got that goin for me, which is nice. i even went to the Manufacture's website and couldnt find any info on anything like this.

As for the display to match video, i think that WAS checked at one point, but i disabled it so it just runs at 60
Hmm. Maybe try running XBMC in fullscreen window mode instead of true fullscreen. See if that makes any difference.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Display issue with HDMI0