No Movie Posters/Thumbnails - AFTV XBMC 13.2 Gotham using MySQL db
hi,

I am just finishing setting up my new AFTVs and am having a problem where the images for each of my movie nearly all posters are blank and all the fan arts from A-J are missing. I have also installed Gotham 13.2 on my win7 PC and tried building the db for movies over from there. It built perfectly and all the images for posters and fanart show. Now I went through some of my movie sets and chose new art for collections etc. When I added the source with the advancedsettings.xml for the MySQL db again on the AFTV it saw all the movies that were built in the db from the PC but again all the posters are missing (except for the ones I manually chose for the movie sets those show up fine) and then all the fan art is missing from movies A-J.

Keep in mind all my movie folders on my NAS have movie poster.tbn files and fanarts and .nfo files so the scraper should be using those first. I am moving from an existing MySQL setup so I know I have done it correctly in the past. Another strange thing is the TV scraped all my posters for the shows, the seasons and fan arts and thumbnails perfectly on the AFTV and the win7 PC.

Anyone have any idea how to get the XBMC on the AFTV to use the posters located in the movie folders like it normally does or have any idea why this problem would be happening?
Nobody has any idea unless you post a debug log (wiki).

Just don't use path substitution to share the thumbnails, which sounds like it could be your problem, otherwise it's most likely a (smb?) permission problem.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Have you setup the aftv to scrape for local files in the set folder content section for your sources in kodi?

How do you have it connected to your network? via ethernet or wifi?

I tried path substitutions on mine and it slowed up the browsing a lot, so I switched to lowering thumbnails resolution in advanced settings with the image res tag, and turned off the path substitution. I then had it rescrape my movies from local files.

You may want to modify the advanced settings file to add an imagres tag as well for the aftv.

I have my mac mini, macbook, galaxys5, and two aftv's all using the mysql database and all of them picked up the thumbnails just fine.

I have noticed a slight delay on showing thumbnails, but I am using xeebo which is a fairly heavy skin on the aftv and the other boxes I have used and my movie folder has over 1500 movies in it.
(2014-11-23, 04:27)Milhouse Wrote: Nobody has any idea unless you post a debug log (wiki).

Just don't use path substitution to share the thumbnails, which sounds like it could be your problem, otherwise it's most likely a (smb?) permission problem.

sorry wasn't sure when to initiate a debug log i.e. if i needed it activated while scraping or what.. didn't think about attaching right away.

(2014-11-23, 07:14)AshMan Wrote: Have you setup the aftv to scrape for local files in the set folder content section for your sources in kodi?

I had it set to TMdb like I normally do, I've always been under the impression it first tries locally.

(2014-11-23, 07:14)AshMan Wrote: How do you have it connected to your network? via ethernet or wifi?

ethernet

(2014-11-23, 07:14)AshMan Wrote: I tried path substitutions on mine and it slowed up the browsing a lot, so I switched to lowering thumbnails resolution in advanced settings with the image res tag, and turned off the path substitution. I then had it rescrape my movies from local files.

You may want to modify the advanced settings file to add an imagres tag as well for the aftv.

thanks I was just reading up on that earlier today I'll consider this if the performance is sub-par but to be honest my standards are pretty low coming from old gbox midnights those things lagged so hard over ethernet with confluence skin.

update: I went ahead and blew out XBMC Gotham 13.2 and replaced it with SPMC and did a new scrape with my same advancedsettings.xml pointing to MySQL db and it grabbed all the posters and fan art perfectly. I guess I'll just stick with SPMC for the AFTVs Smile
hmm... new update: after setting up the second AFTV when I went back to the first all the thumbnails are still there but anytime I try to play a movie it says the file is no longer there prompting me to remove it from the library.
No debug log, no problem.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No Movie Posters/Thumbnails - AFTV XBMC 13.2 Gotham using MySQL db0