• 9(current)
Fire TV Stick -- Video Quality
I just updated my fire stick TV and the video quality is back to where it should be.

Prior to the update, my mkv movies appeared to look like it was DVD quality. After the update, its back to 1080p goodness
This is such great news!

Now I'll be (im)patiently waiting for my update to arrive.... Smile
Downloaded. Much, much better. Thanks Amazon!
I just got an update and blurriness issue is gone after update.
Tested on Kodi Helix and SPMC with popcornmix's 1080test.m2ts
I wonder if games would have behaved similar to XBMC/Kodi in that blurriness department and thats why Amazon issues forth a patch for it? Since games tend to make use of OpenGL just like xbmc/Kodi
Update is now available. Just updated and YES! 720p video problem is gone. Great work!
I can confirm the issue appears to be fixed with the latest Fire TV Stick update. I've posted a before and after comparison image here: http://www.aftvnews.com/xbmc-kodi-upscal...ck-update/
(2014-12-19, 03:44)AFTVnews.com Wrote: I can confirm the issue appears to be fixed with the latest Fire TV Stick update. I've posted a before and after comparison image here: http://www.aftvnews.com/xbmc-kodi-upscal...ck-update/

Your AFTVnews post only includes improvement in 720p video, but the issue was also with 1080p video. Both have been improved.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2014-12-19, 00:58)jayp Wrote: I just got an update and blurriness issue is gone after update.

which you prefer Official Kodi or SPMC for this device?
My XBMC/Kodi folder: addons, skins, addon/menu backgrounds & more
(2014-12-19, 18:37)Veronica Wrote:
(2014-12-19, 00:58)jayp Wrote: I just got an update and blurriness issue is gone after update.

which you prefer Official Kodi or SPMC for this device?
All my tests with old and newest firmware have been with Kodi 14 RC2 and RC3 and it works great. So I guess I'll stick with that once Helix goes final. Unless SPMC has a good deal of tricks under the hood to make things way better.
Now if they could just fix the refresh rate so it doesn't constantly repeat frames on all content.

When set to 1080p@60, this device actually outputs 60.14 fps. It is supposed to output 59.940. Then we would just get the regular 3:2 judder on 23.976 content.

This is an issue even when playing through their native Amazon apps.
Please show me how to install kodi on a brand new fire stick
(2014-12-25, 19:33)peter814 Wrote: Please show me how to install kodi on a brand new fire stick
Go to Kodi wiki, there are detailed instructions on how to do it there. Very easy
Kodi wiki? Is this a website? I am very new at this. Same install for Amazon fire tv?
(2014-12-25, 19:44)peter814 Wrote: Kodi wiki? Is this a website? I am very new at this. Same install for Amazon fire tv?
Exactly the same as you would do it on an AFTV
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fire TV Stick -- Video Quality0