Mod [MOD] reFocus for Helix
This mod is no longer being maintained. I just modded this as a holdover until Jeroen updated the skin...the official skin is now available in the Helix addon repository and I recommend using it.

watch gallery

Got bored working on my Aeon Nox mod and decided to take another look at reFocus. This mod of reFocus is for Kodi 14 (Helix) only. Here's what I've done so far:
  • Converted the skin resolution from 720 to 1080
  • Fixed the keyboard (and other changes to the skinning engine)
  • Added actor search to the Global Search addon
  • Incorporated several of my previous reFocus mods

I changed the skin id so you will be able to install this alongside any future skin releases from Jeroen. I will likely only maintain this until there is an official Helix version of reFocus.

Please let me know if I missed anything. I fixed several alignment issues, but I'm sure there's more. I noticed one in the skinshortcuts dialog that I haven't been able to fix yet.

Almost forgot to mention...I haven't looked at Live TV yet, that might take a while.

Frequently Asked Questions

When I try to install, it says dependencies not met. What should I do?

Make sure you have the latest versions of the required scripts installed. See the reFocus 1.40 thread for a list of required scripts. http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=191491. Note that script.skinshortcuts is also required even though it is not listed.

If all else fails, try just extracting the zip file in addons/skin.refocus.helix. I may have been overzealous in requiring the latest version of the scripts in the addon.xml.
Added the PVR xmls from Confluence and worked on the EPG. It will work if you add it as a menu item...haven't added the sidebar yet. I'm not sure how far I'll get on Live TV, might have to leave it for the more experienced skinners.

Noticed the audio settings don't show up, looking into that now...
Nice. Very nice. My spare time is primarily on an addon atm, not skinning, but if I get time I'll see what I can do for live tv - it would be great to see this 100% on Helix before Jeroen returns with an official version.
(2014-11-23, 12:55)Unfledged Wrote: Nice. Very nice. My spare time is primarily on an addon atm, not skinning, but if I get time I'll see what I can do for live tv - it would be great to see this 100% on Helix before Jeroen returns with an official version.

Thanks! I got the sideblade working, and skinned the tvguide and tvsearch windows. I couldn't get channels, timers, etc to work properly though, so commented out the sideblade. The EPG Timeline seems to work well, that's the only Live TV window I typically use.

Update: Just checked and channels and timers windows don't work in Confluence either. Will update to latest nightly...

Update #2: I had just updated Kodi yesterday, but updating to the latest nightly (11/23) fixed the Live TV problems.
Just pushed an update for Live TV. Search, EPG Timeline, and Channels views work now.
Nice! Thanks man.

The music visualisation isnt working (dont care) and the play/resume/show info dialog is out of place (nothing big).
(2014-11-24, 19:23)Slurrrp Wrote: Nice! Thanks man.

The music visualisation isnt working (dont care) and the play/resume/show info dialog is out of place (nothing big).
I'll take a look, thanks!

Update: Fixed the music viz on git. Couldn't see anything out of place on play/resume/show info dialog. Can you post a screenshot?
You, sir, are a hero.

Thank you for letting me use my beloved reFocus in Helix again! Smile

However, there was an addon which always showed me the newest movies and TV shows in home screen. Can you please implement this one too?
(2014-11-25, 21:55)XBMCWin Wrote: You, sir, are a hero.

However, there was an addon which always showed me the newest movies and TV shows in home screen. Can you please implement this one too?
Do you mean the widgets for recently added? I tested them and they should work, may just need to be configured for your menu. I'll take another look when I get home.
Wink 
(2014-11-25, 21:59)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2014-11-25, 21:55)XBMCWin Wrote: You, sir, are a hero.

Do you mean the widgets for recently added? I tested them and they should work, may just need to be configured for your menu. I'll take another look when I get home.

It works on my end.

Thx for updating the skin. I'm slowly learning to skin still. reFocus is the only code i understand. Hope to mod it soon.
(2014-11-24, 19:54)bryanbrazil Wrote: Update: Fixed the music viz on git. Couldn't see anything out of place on play/resume/show info dialog. Can you post a screenshot?

Sure..

(2014-11-26, 00:43)Slurrrp Wrote:
(2014-11-24, 19:54)bryanbrazil Wrote: Update: Fixed the music viz on git. Couldn't see anything out of place on play/resume/show info dialog. Can you post a screenshot?

Sure..

You mean how they aren't centered on the screen? I believe that's how it is in the original reFocus, right? If so, I'll probably leave as-is.
(2014-11-26, 01:26)bryanbrazil Wrote: You mean how they aren't centered on the screen? I believe that's how it is in the original reFocus, right? If so, I'll probably leave as-is.

Yes. No, they are centered in the original.

(2014-11-26, 01:44)Slurrrp Wrote:
(2014-11-26, 01:26)bryanbrazil Wrote: You mean how they aren't centered on the screen? I believe that's how it is in the original reFocus, right? If so, I'll probably leave as-is.

Yes. No, they are centered in the original.

Thanks, I'll fix that tonight.
Wink 
It's telling me Dependencies Not met. I have tried to load the individual scripts separately with no luck. Any suggestions?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] reFocus for Helix3