Mod [MOD] reFocus for Helix
(2014-11-28, 05:59)knewknow Wrote: Thanks Bryan. Everything seems to be working well for me except when using Large Grid Thumbnails view, the white border selection on the show or movie poster always stays on the top row. The small grid view doesn't have this problem.

Good catch, I just had to slightly increase the height of the Icon container. Fixed on git. Thanks!
Something else that I've noticed, is that my remote doesn't seem to respond to menu changes all the time. For example, if I'm scrolling down 4 clicks in the settings section, it may not register one of the clicks. I've never run Helix before so maybe Helix isn't playing well with my remote, but I didn't seem to have a problem when moving through the library view (large or small grid). I'll give it some more testing tonight to make sure that library view isn't missing any of the sent commands. I'll see if I can capture the IR commands externally as well. Anyone else have this problem? I don't know much about how these skins are designed, but is it possible that this is a result of the 720 to 1080 conversion?
(2014-11-28, 20:50)knewknow Wrote: Something else that I've noticed, is that my remote doesn't seem to respond to menu changes all the time. For example, if I'm scrolling down 4 clicks in the settings section, it may not register one of the clicks. I've never run Helix before so maybe Helix isn't playing well with my remote, but I didn't seem to have a problem when moving through the library view (large or small grid). I'll give it some more testing tonight to make sure that library view isn't missing any of the sent commands. I'll see if I can capture the IR commands externally as well. Anyone else have this problem? I don't know much about how these skins are designed, but is it possible that this is a result of the 720 to 1080 conversion?
Not sure what would be causing remote issues. I'm back to using a keyboard. Previously I used a Harmony remote with Flirc, but I got tired of dealing with all the interference from other devices/missed button presses/repeated presses, etc. I've never been able to find a remote setup that is reliable enough.
(2014-11-28, 21:06)bryanbrazil Wrote: Not sure what would be causing remote issues. I'm back to using a keyboard. Previously I used a Harmony remote with Flirc, but I got tired of dealing with all the interference from other devices/missed button presses/repeated presses, etc. I've never been able to find a remote setup that is reliable enough.

Interesting. I use a Harmony 650 with Flirc's on two different machines. Been running that setup for about 2 years now and since the xbmc Harmony profile it's been running VERY well. Anyway.. as mentioned I'll test it to make sure that it's not the skin, but haven't had any issues right up until installing Kodi B5 yesterday.
(2014-11-28, 03:10)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2014-11-28, 02:32)fabiomello Wrote: hello! thanks for releasing this. Smile
is there any way to apply the Kodi fixes on Refocus 1.3.3?

You probably could, but it wouldn't be as simple as copying the files from reFocus 1.4.0. What are the benefits of 1.3.3?

only the home screen design, really.
the one with regular fonts instead of all-capitalized, and the global widget (that appears regardless of the item selected)

for example
watch gallery

on 1.3.3 everything fits, but on 1.4, one of the item names is cut and you need to scroll to see everything.
Been slowly adding a low list view (one I modded for reFocus Art). still wip...Trying to figure a few things out (like making background opaque so fanart is fully visible). Will add setting to turn on/off extra thumbs and Logo

watch gallery
(2014-11-29, 02:46)handbone Wrote: Been slowly adding a low list view (one I modded for reFocus Art). still wip...Trying to figure a few things out (like making background opaque so fanart is fully visible). Will add setting to turn on/off extra thumbs and Logo

watch gallery

You could add vignette_top.png to this view to keep the breadcrumb/date/weather visible.
(2014-11-29, 03:45)bryanbrazil Wrote: You could add vignette_top.png to this view to keep the breadcrumb/date/weather visible.

I will probably do that.

As a personal question. I plan on adding the flags (1080, DTS) under plot. I already think it won't fit. Do you think I should move the frame up a bit more and take up more fanart space to add it, or reduce the height a bit more for the plot?
(2014-11-29, 04:46)handbone Wrote:
(2014-11-29, 03:45)bryanbrazil Wrote: You could add vignette_top.png to this view to keep the breadcrumb/date/weather visible.

I will probably do that.

As a personal question. I plan on adding the flags (1080, DTS) under plot. I already think it won't fit. Do you think I should move the frame up a bit more and take up more fanart space to add it, or reduce the height a bit more for the plot?

Just my 2 cents...

Yeah, I think removing the last line of the plot will make room for the resolution/codec flags. I would probably also move the poster further left, right up against the sideblade. Then move the watched/unwatched icon to the right side of the title to be consistent with the rest of the skin, and left align the tagline/nextaired info.
(2014-11-29, 05:45)bryanbrazil Wrote: Just my 2 cents...

Yeah, I think removing the last line of the plot will make room for the resolution/codec flags. I would probably also move the poster further left, right up against the sideblade. Then move the watched/unwatched icon to the right side of the title to be consistent with the rest of the skin, and left align the tagline/nextaired info.

removed the last line of the plot and added the flags underneath. Moved poster further right, and moved the watched indicator to match rest of skin. I personally like the tagline/next aired centered above the plot (did the same for the flags too, so if a flag/rating is missing, everything will still be centered.

One issue still is the vignette_top. It does work, but seems to blend with the info on the top left, and the time. tried changing the diffuse base as well

(2014-11-29, 06:39)handbone Wrote: One issue still is the vignette_top. It does work, but seems to blend with the info on the top left, and the time. tried changing the diffuse base as well

The vignette is currently being displayed on top of everything else. Just move the vignette control to the top of the xml, after global_Background and before global_MenuGuide etc.
(2014-11-29, 07:28)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2014-11-29, 06:39)handbone Wrote: One issue still is the vignette_top. It does work, but seems to blend with the info on the top left, and the time. tried changing the diffuse base as well

The vignette is currently being displayed on top of everything else. Just move the vignette control to the top of the xml, after global_Background and before global_MenuGuide etc.

I did have it right below global_fanart, and even put it before it with the same effect

Code:
<!--LowList-->
<include name="view_LowList">    
<control type="group">
<include>global_ListScroll</include>
            <include>toggle_Menu</include>
            <include>transition_Content</include>
            <include>transition_Info</include>
            <control type="image">
            <include>screen_Dimensions</include>
            <texture background="true">$VAR[global_Fanart]</texture>
            <aspectratio align="center">scale</aspectratio>
            <visible>Control.IsVisible(85)</visible>
        </control>
<control type="image">
        <top>0</top>
            <width>1920</width>
            <height>1080</height>
            <texture>overlays/vignette_top.png</texture>
            <colordiffuse>base_3</colordiffuse>
            <aspectratio>stretch</aspectratio>
        </control>
            </control>
            <control type="group">
            <include>toggle_Menu</include>
            <include>transition_Content</include>
            <include>transition_Info</include>    
                <control type="image">
                     <bottom>0</bottom>
                     <left>0</left>
                     <align>bottom</align>
                     <width>1920</width>
                     <height>300</height>            
<texture background="true">frames/frame-fo.png</texture>
        <colordiffuse>base_3</colordiffuse>
        </control>
        </control>
        <control type="fixedlist" id="85">

Thanks to all for updating ReFocus for Helix. The EPG appears to be blank for me. Is this still a work in progress or maybe a setting on my end?
(2014-12-02, 06:01)HeadLearning Wrote: Thanks to all for updating ReFocus for Helix. The EPG appears to be blank for me. Is this still a work in progress or maybe a setting on my end?
Not sure, EPG is working here....
(2014-12-03, 19:41)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2014-12-02, 06:01)HeadLearning Wrote: Thanks to all for updating ReFocus for Helix. The EPG appears to be blank for me. Is this still a work in progress or maybe a setting on my end?
Not sure, EPG is working here....

Thanks for the reply. I'll retry this on a fresh install.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] reFocus for Helix3