Mod [MOD] reFocus for Helix
So, after switching to ReFocus, I chose to enable "display tv show logos". Apparently that destroyed my entire TV show library. It now has no clue what anything is. It won't even display a title for any television show, in ANY skin. Though it seems to know what they are. The episode info is all there, but in the space where the show's title should be displayed it's a complete blank. Any solution, or do I just have to scrap everything and start all over again with a new library?
(2014-12-18, 00:37)Mjolnir Wrote: So, after switching to ReFocus, I chose to enable "display tv show logos". Apparently that destroyed my entire TV show library. It now has no clue what anything is. It won't even display a title for any television show, in ANY skin. Though it seems to know what they are. The episode info is all there, but in the space where the show's title should be displayed it's a complete blank. Any solution, or do I just have to scrap everything and start all over again with a new library?

Can't imagine enabling that setting would have resulted in the issues you've described. Sounds like the database has somehow gotten corrupted.

Do you regularly export your library to individual nfo files? If so it shouldn't take too long to rescan your library.

Anyone else know of a fix?
(2014-12-18, 00:52)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2014-12-18, 00:37)Mjolnir Wrote: So, after switching to ReFocus, I chose to enable "display tv show logos". Apparently that destroyed my entire TV show library. It now has no clue what anything is. It won't even display a title for any television show, in ANY skin. Though it seems to know what they are. The episode info is all there, but in the space where the show's title should be displayed it's a complete blank. Any solution, or do I just have to scrap everything and start all over again with a new library?

Can't imagine enabling that setting would have resulted in the issues you've described. Sounds like the database has somehow gotten corrupted.

Do you regularly export your library to individual nfo files? If so it shouldn't take too long to rescan your library.

Anyone else know of a fix?

I do not regularly export my database. I use an SQL database on the server, with multiple instances of XBMC accessing it. I've never had it become corrupt previously. But I checked on another install and you're right, the database has become corrupt. So incredibly frustrating. Not sure what would have caused that considering the only thing I've done today is change skins. All the episode information is still there. It knows the titles of the shows, it pulls the right artowrk for the shows. It just will only display a big blank space where the title of the series should be.
Jeroen is back and working on a Helix compatible version of reFocus! I don't plan to make any additional changes to this mod, looking forward to the next official version.
(2014-12-25, 01:32)bryanbrazil Wrote: Jeroen is back and working on a Helix compatible version of reFocus! I don't plan to make any additional changes to this mod, looking forward to the next official version.

Thanks for the update. For anyone looking at a replacement for reFocus for helix, do check out mimic by byranbrazil. It's now officially my daily driver and a true spiritual successor to reFocus.
My name is Jason & I just updated to the newest Kodi 14.0 stable release & I am currently using the Aeon Nox skin but I would really like to use the refocus skin but when I try to apply the zip file to Kodi it keeps giving me an error message of " Dependencies not met " I really want to try this skin out, can you please help ? I would really appreciate it.
(2014-12-26, 20:01)jasonarao Wrote: My name is Jason & I just updated to the newest Kodi 14.0 stable release & I am currently using the Aeon Nox skin but I would really like to use the refocus skin but when I try to apply the zip file to Kodi it keeps giving me an error message of " Dependencies not met " I really want to try this skin out, can you please help ? I would really appreciate it.
See the FAQ in the first post.
I wanted to thank you for this skin!
One favor to ask... Is there any chance of getting the images that you used in the different "xbt" texture files please.
Thanks again.
(2014-12-26, 21:04)thewarm Wrote: I wanted to thank you for this skin!
One favor to ask... Is there any chance of getting the images that you used in the different "xbt" texture files please.
Thanks again.
I had a hard drive crash, so no longer have the textures for the color themes. The main textures are available at the github link in the first post.
I have tried everything & I am still getting a error message of " Dependencies not met " please help & I am using a macbook pro laptop.
Cant use this with Kodi at all ?
(2014-11-23, 06:29)bryanbrazil Wrote:
watch gallery

Got bored working on my Aeon Nox mod and decided to take another look at reFocus. This mod of reFocus is for Kodi 14 (Helix) only. Here's what I've done so far:
  • Converted the skin resolution from 720 to 1080
  • Fixed the keyboard (and other changes to the skinning engine)
  • Added actor search to the Global Search addon
  • Incorporated several of my previous reFocus mods

I changed the skin id so you will be able to install this alongside any future skin releases from Jeroen. I will likely only maintain this until there is an official Helix version of reFocus.

Available on GitHub:
https://github.com/bryanbrazil/skin.refocus.helix

Please let me know if I missed anything. I fixed several alignment issues, but I'm sure there's more. I noticed one in the skinshortcuts dialog that I haven't been able to fix yet.

Almost forgot to mention...I haven't looked at Live TV yet, that might take a while.

Frequently Asked Questions

When I try to install, it says dependencies not met. What should I do?

Make sure you have the latest versions of the required scripts installed. See the reFocus 1.40 thread for a list of required scripts. http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=191491. Note that script.skinshortcuts is also required even though it is not listed.

If all else fails, try just extracting the zip file in addons/skin.refocus.helix. I may have been overzealous in requiring the latest version of the scripts in the addon.xml.
(2014-12-26, 21:41)jasonarao Wrote: I have tried everything & I am still getting a error message of " Dependencies not met " please help & I am using a macbook pro laptop.
See the wiki for the addon location on a Mac...

http://kodi.wiki/view/Userdata
(2014-12-26, 21:09)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2014-12-26, 21:04)thewarm Wrote: I wanted to thank you for this skin!
Thanks again.
I had a hard drive crash, so no longer have the textures for the color themes. The main textures are available at the github link in the first post.

Thanks for checking. I really do like this skin.

My biggest wish... for somebody to continue work on the MetaData Actors add-on!
Same here...all efforts have been fruitless, I get "Dependencies Not Met" in every instance...

Any help will be appreciated....Nod
I was finally able to get this Refocus skin to work for Kodi Heix 14.0 & I love it ! thank you brianbrazil for helping out Smile I really appreciate it. If any of you are still getting the " Dependencies not met " error message then just extract the zip into your kodi folder on your PC or whatever device you are using & that will do the trick. Looking forward to seeing the Stable release for Kodi. Thanks again bryanbrazil, you are the man!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] reFocus for Helix3