Win Remote and Volume Buttons
I bought the VRC-110 remote control (in Germany known as Hama MCE Remote 52451)
http://kodi.wiki/view/Remote_Control_Reviews#VRC-1100

It works OK, although I would like to change the behavior of the volume keys.

Current situation:
The volume keys are controlling the operating system volume (Win8). Showkey.exe shows this:

As a result, any keypress brings up the well known windows volume bar:

Desired situation:
I want to leave the operating system volume at 100% and control XBMC's volume instead. So I somehow have to
a) either reconfig the remote volume key to not send this command, but something else (I would then map them to + and - as these are the standard keys in XBMC). Is this possible through a driver or registry hack?
b) or somehow disable the operating system from listening to this command, i.e. ignore it. Then I would have to config XBMC to use the standard MCE (?) volume commands instead, which I already figured out:
http://vlardn.blogspot.de/2011/07/how-us...ntrol.html, short:
edit appcommand.xml and advancedsettings.xml (<enablemultimediakeys>true</enablemultimediakeys>).
This actually worked, however then my volume buttons were controlling BOTH the operating system volume and XBMC's volume, resulting in always showing both bars simultaneously (and a much faster volume change naturally).

So how can I make Windows to NOT react on volume key presses on this remote?

I want to do this because if a movie has a decent audio track (DTS etc.), the operating system volume does not work, the sound is "directly" forwarded to my AMP (via HDMI), and I have to control volume through my AMP's remote, which I don't want. I just always want to control XBMC's internal volume. Also, because of this I currently have to use "show fullscreen window instead of true full screen", because otherwise I wouldn't see volume bar at all!
Try eventghost with the VRC-1100 plugin.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote and Volume Buttons0