New android generation
Am i right, when i say the new generation is a fight between the new realtek 1195 devices and the Rockchip 3288 devices?
Both say they can do 3d iso mvc in xbmc and hd audio but none of them actually do this flawlessly?

Any other chips coming?
Or are we stuck with this?
I think the VidOn box is doing a great job with 3D.ISO and HD Audio Out.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
An android box with 3D iso and HD audio? That would be the first.
VidOn box does both, yes. It uses a somewhat older chip, and XBMC is a little sluggish with large movie/TV libraries.

1195 can do 3D, but not 3288 yet.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
I don't think its about the Chipset, but what company who is behind the device.
VidOn is able to accomplish that(3D.iso and HD Audio) with a old Chipset.

Even thought the Realtek has a better picture,its slightly noticeable.
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
(2014-11-24, 00:23)hdmkv Wrote: VidOn box does both, yes. It uses a somewhat older chip, and XBMC is a little sluggish with large movie/TV libraries.

3288 does 3d now but still needs work. I was able to load up hobbit 3d over samba and play.
That's a promising development. Is this only for OpenHour or any 3288? BTW, what about hd audio?

Also, were you able to play the 3D ISO via XBMC or SPMC?
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2014-11-24, 00:38)movie78 Wrote: .

Did you compare also picture quality vs rk3288 (versus realtek 1195)

Thank you
(2014-11-24, 02:22)Roby77 Wrote:
(2014-11-24, 00:38)movie78 Wrote: .

Did you compare also picture quality vs rk3288 (versus realtek 1195)

Thank you
I don't have a RK3288 device and not planning to get one, unless I get one free.
(2014-11-24, 00:38)movie78 Wrote: I don't think its about the Chipset, but what company who is behind the device.
VidOn is able to accomplish that(3D.iso and HD Audio) with a old Chipset.

So a company like zappiti, openhour (popcorn company) or even mede8er with that chipset, could be the way to go?
Not the cheaper ones?

Like mele...

In the other topic someone said, its the same chipset, they are equal but half the prize of the zappiti player

But now i read... its not about chipset, but company behind.

So it's truly those 2 chipsets that are most promising...

(2014-11-24, 00:23)hdmkv Wrote: VidOn box does both, yes. It uses a somewhat older chip, and XBMC is a little sluggish with large movie/TV libraries.

1195 does 3d? cool, and hd audio also?

(2014-11-24, 01:38)halfelite Wrote:

3288 does 3d now but still needs work. I was able to load up hobbit 3d over samba and play.

3288 does hd audio also?

On paper 3288 looks better than realtek 1995 cause of the 60 fps 4k and hdmi 2.0
Realtek 1195 does only 30 fps on 4k
Skank

It is not just between 1195 and 3288, even though these may be the most widely available. The Mele X2000 uses an Mstar chip, Himedia Q5-4k uses Hisilicon, MiniX X8-Hplus uses Amlogic S812, I am sure there are others out there using other chipsets, with more devices being announced all the time. And at the same time, you have vendors who are squeezing more functionality out of existing older chipsets.

It isn't necessarily the case that the newest chipset will deliver the best experience right now as more mature firmware/software on older boxes may be more robust. While the chipset may set a theoretical limit on the functionality that can be delivered (and newer chipsets promise more), a lot depends on the extent to which the chip and box manufacturrers put in the resources to develop firmware/software that delivers. At the moment, with a lot of relatively new boxes on the market, there is a wide spectrum of issues in terms of what is working and what is not. A lot will depend on what specific functionality matters to you, and what the latest firmware does.

I am not sure you can say any one chipset or any one company will clearly be "most promising" on this basis. They all have their potential pros and cons, and the unfortunate fact is that finding out exactly what is working well and what isn't on each box is largely about trial and error and finding out from actual users of each box.

hdmkv - Judging from the posts by Movie78, I don't think 1195 does 3D iso from XBMC yet, only with the native realtek player.

halfelite - are you talking about 3D iso from xbmc or from the devices native player? And which 3288 unit do you have? Thanks..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New android generation0