• 19(current)
[RELEASE] Rapier 7.9.0 for Kodi 14.x Helix [DEPRECATED]
Sorry for so many posts, but is there a way to type in a custom path for a submenu? For instance instead of using the genre present, which will return to the last screen used when you select it again, if I could customize a preset to the following, then every time I selected it Rapier would start on the main genre icon screen, regardless of where I left off: ActivateWindow(Videos,videodb://movies/genres/)
CoreELEC 9.03
Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO
Minix Neo U9-H, Logitech Harmony Elite
(2015-05-20, 05:43)Carl314 Wrote: Sorry for so many posts, but is there a way to type in a custom path for a submenu? For instance instead of using the genre present, which will return to the last screen used when you select it again, if I could customize a preset to the following, then every time I selected it Rapier would start on the main genre icon screen, regardless of where I left off: ActivateWindow(Videos,videodb://movies/genres/)

No worries Smile

I will add a preset for custom path to the presets dialog in the next update.
Just pushed 7.4.1 to my repo with widgets for In Cinemas / Upcoming Movies, New DVDs / Upcoming DVDs and Trending Movies / Trending TV Shows.

Please help me test it and report issues, feedback etc. here.

If everything works, I'll submit it to the official repo.

Cheers
Gade
I'm packing up for camping for the holiday weekend, so won't be able to have a look until next week.
CoreELEC 9.03
A new update is available. This is a massive update and includes bugfixing and loads of new features - some are described below. As usual, please report if you experience any bugs or have feature requests Smile

Rapier 7.4.3 is available through the official Kodi repository!

This update is installed automatically.
If this is not the case, you can download it here.

CHANGELOG
Code:
7.4.3 (26-May-15)
- Movie Set Information window: added onclick function to movie set list to trigger script.extendedinfo.
- Added Season Information button to context menu in season library (requires installation of script.extendedinfo).
- Bugfixing of ExtendedInfo breadcrumbs.
- Added support for script.duration (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=220753) to display alternative duration (eg. 1H54 instead of 114). Needs to be enabled in the skin settings.
- Updated language files from Transifex (thanks to alanwww1).
- Added Clean Library (videos and music) to the presets dialog when adding custom categories and submenus.
- Added user specified action (using the keyboard) in the bottom of the presets dialog when adding custom categories and submenus.
- Added support for actor / director / writer / artist / movie / tv show / season / information (old metadata actors) using script.extendedinfo.
- Added 3 panels (widgets) when creating custom categories; In Cinemas / Upcoming Movies, New DVDs / Upcoming DVDs, Trending Movies / Trending TV Shows (requires script.extendedinfo).
- Improved DTS-HD Master Audio and DTS-HD High Resolution audio media flags.
- Increased width of Live TV recording information dialog.
- Added "Edit info labels" button to context menu in libraries (requires manual installation of script.libraryeditor).
- Added "Filmography" and "Actor / Artist / Director Information" button to context menu in libraries (requires installation of script.extendedinfo).
- Added "Movie Set Information" button to context menu in libraries (movie sets or movie set list item) (requires manual installation script.skin.info.service).
- Added Movie Set Information window (requires manual installation of script.skin.info.service).
- Bugfixing of Cinema Experience button in Movie Information window.
- Added Cinema Experience button in movie library context menu (needs installation of script.cinema.experience).
- Replaced Party Mode submenu in Videos category to Play DVD, but only when a DVD is inserted.
- Added skin setting in Media to disable rating media flags.
- Bugfixing of library options dialog.
- Added missing DTS-HD Master Audio / High Resolution Audio media flags when playing fullscreen video.
- Fixed aspect ratio of DVD media flag.
- Bugfixing of HD-DVD / DVD media flags when playing fullscreen video.
- Added media flags: subtitle count and audio language count (requires script.skin.info.service). Enabling too many media flags may break the bottom layout.
- Changed labels throughout the skin from watched movies, tv shows, episodes and music videos to unwatched.
- Fixed missing fallback fanart image for landscape thumbs.
- Increased brightness of genre label for movies, tv shows, episodes, music videos and pvr channels.
- Added movie set media flag.
- Changed skin setting "Hide top bar when idle" to not apply when using Wall View.
- Added missing fanart for global search actor results.

- Movie Set Information window (requires manual installation of script.skin.info.service)

- Added support for script.duration to display alternative duration (eg. 1H54 instead of 114). Needs to be enabled in the skin settings.

- Added support for actor / director / writer / artist information (old metadata actors) using script.extendedinfo.

CONTINUED TO THE NEXT POST...
- Added support for movie / tv show / season information using script.extendedinfo.

- Added 3 panels (widgets) when creating custom categories; In Cinemas / Upcoming Movies, New DVDs / Upcoming DVDs, Trending Movies / Trending TV Shows (requires script.extendedinfo).

ENJOY!
Gade - a great set of changes. Thanks, and I've finally had some time to try them out. A few comments:

1. Thanks for the clean library preset - you'd be surprised how many times a week i'm currently using that as I am shifting my movies from one folder to another as I add trailers to them.

2. The new custom action preset is working great - thanks for this.

3. How can I have a custom setting to display the main settings menu? I have ActivateWindow(Settings),but the screen appears to "flash" once, then nothing happens.

4. Is there a way to change main menu items to a custom action? for instance, if I click on movies, I would like it to start in the main movie view, and not whatever path I happened to drill down to the last time I was in movies. (I realize I could probably dispense with the default movies main menu item altogether and use a custom main menu item, but then I lose the cool movie icon and the widgets, right?)

5. Can the System submenu items be changed? If not, then how about a custom home text image for "System" to I can make up a custom main menu item?

6. I would like to try the Movie Set Information window, but while I have manually installed script.skin.info.service, I can’t for the life of me find the startup.xml file where supposed to add “RunScript(script.skin.info.service)”

7. You previously indicated you would explore a way to have more icons show for the genre view - are you still planning that for a future release?

That's all i can think of for the moment - thanks again for all that you do.

Carl.
CoreELEC 9.03
Hi Carl.

I'm glad that you like the update and changes.

(2015-06-02, 05:22)Carl314 Wrote: 3. How can I have a custom setting to display the main settings menu? I have ActivateWindow(Settings),but the screen appears to "flash" once, then nothing happens.

Use the preset for Appearance (or ActivateWindow(AppearanceSettings)) and it will take you to the main settings category.

(2015-06-02, 05:22)Carl314 Wrote: 4. Is there a way to change main menu items to a custom action? for instance, if I click on movies, I would like it to start in the main movie view, and not whatever path I happened to drill down to the last time I was in movies. (I realize I could probably dispense with the default movies main menu item altogether and use a custom main menu item, but then I lose the cool movie icon and the widgets, right?)

To change the hardcoded categories to a custom action, you will have to deactivate them in the skin settings and add them as custom categories. You can add the same icons, background images, widgets etc etc. The only thing you will lose, are the add-on shortcuts.

But if you like the icon, I guess you don't use the add-on shortcuts Smile

(2015-06-02, 05:22)Carl314 Wrote: 5. Can the System submenu items be changed? If not, then how about a custom home text image for "System" to I can make up a custom main menu item?

Sorry, but system submenus can not be customized. You can disable the system catsgory and add it as a custom category with your own shortcuts. You can request any category images you need here. Or you can download the PSD and action in the first post and create them yourself.

Even easier, you can download the category images from Github.

(2015-06-02, 05:22)Carl314 Wrote: 6. I would like to try the Movie Set Information window, but while I have manually installed script.skin.info.service, I can’t for the life of me find the startup.xml file where supposed to add “RunScript(script.skin.info.service)”

Rapier is fully supporting script.skin.info.service regarding movie sets. You only need to install the script and then the info will magically appear for your movie sets. Perhaps a restart of Kodi is required for the script to start up.

The movie set information window works for all movie sets - meaning that you need to have "Group movies in sets" enabled or use the movie sets library.

(2015-06-02, 05:22)Carl314 Wrote: 7. You previously indicated you would explore a way to have more icons show for the genre view - are you still planning that for a future release?

You bet. It is one of many things on a very long to-do list Smile
Gade - every time the repo changes, it appears to push out all files again, even the ones that are not changed. So, for instance, I'm finding myself having to manually copy over my custom genre icons and modified context menu fairly frequently.

Is there a way to not copy unchanged files over? If not, then perhaps a setting to designate a different directory at least for the genre icons, so I can simply keep them in a directory that is not replaced with each upgrade?

BTW, what's changed in 7.4.4?

Thanks, Carl.
CoreELEC 9.03
(2015-06-04, 03:30)Carl314 Wrote: Gade - every time the repo changes, it appears to push out all files again, even the ones that are not changed. So, for instance, I'm finding myself having to manually copy over my custom genre icons and modified context menu fairly frequently.

Is there a way to not copy unchanged files over? If not, then perhaps a setting to designate a different directory at least for the genre icons, so I can simply keep them in a directory that is not replaced with each upgrade?

Yeah, that's the way skins are updated. It's the same for Kodi in the main install directory. Sorry, but there's nothing I can do about that.

Maybe you could use the newly added "Enter custom action" for the edited submenus instead. That way your changes will not be overwritten when the skin is updated.

Genre icons have to be within the skin folder for this function to work. It's the same for all other skins.

(2015-06-04, 03:30)Carl314 Wrote: BTW, what's changed in 7.4.4?

Look in the changelog.

Support have been added for service.nextup.notification, but only partly. The add-on is currently being developed and updated skin support can be added copying/overwriting these files in the skin.rapier/720p folder.
I just pushed v7.4.5 to my repo, and I could use all possible help testing it out.

Support for ExtendedInfo have been updated and more features have been added. Please let me know if everything works as expected.

Changelog for ExtendedInfo features since official 7.4.3:
Code:
- Updated ExtendedInfo according to latest changes: duration changes, hide buttons for tv show and episode content.
- Added rating votes to ExtendedInfo video list window.
- Added T9 Live Search for ExtendedInfo video list window.
- Added network logo to ExtendedInfo tv show information window.
- Added some info labels to ExtendedInfo tv show information window.
- Added View Options (hide title / hide scrollbar / hide fanart) to ExtendedInfo video list window.
- Added background fanart images to ExtendedInfo video list window.

You need to manually install the latest version of script.extendedinfo for this to work properly.

Also, support for the add-on service.nextup.notofication have been added, and I could use some help testing this out as well. Smile
hi we are running kodi 14 but we are not very good at installing skins so they work 100% can you please advise on what to do , also does it have the option to add more items and categories along the menu bar , is there a video guide on how this skin works thanks
(2015-06-16, 17:25)flowerpot Wrote: hi we are running kodi 14 but we are not very good at installing skins so they work 100% can you please advise on what to do , also does it have the option to add more items and categories along the menu bar , is there a video guide on how this skin works thanks

Hi flowerpot.

Did you install the skin from within Kodi using the official add-on repository?

You can find a detailed guide to installation, skin settings, supported add-ons etc. at the wiki page.

You can add up to 16 more categories and customize all submenu items.

Just ask if you have any more questions. Smile
(2015-06-16, 20:21)Gade Wrote:
(2015-06-16, 17:25)flowerpot Wrote: hi we are running kodi 14 but we are not very good at installing skins so they work 100% can you please advise on what to do , also does it have the option to add more items and categories along the menu bar , is there a video guide on how this skin works thanks

Hi flowerpot.

Did you install the skin from within Kodi using the official add-on repository?

You can find a detailed guide to installation, skin settings, supported add-ons etc. at the wiki page.

You can add up to 16 more categories and customize all submenu items.

Just ask if you have any more questions. Smile

hi many thanks for your reply , i have installed from here Kodi using the official add-on repository but unsure what to do next , i noticed a lot of scripts in post 1 do i need to install them all ,
with the categories are there names for different things with in this skin , also does it have options to go into logo view and shift case etc in movies , i am not very good at following instructions as such i prefer a video on how to do things but i will try , i download your repo as well and added it then the screen went black , do i need to install from github as well , many thanks for your help and advice
(2015-06-16, 21:09)flowerpot Wrote: hi many thanks for your reply , i have installed from here Kodi using the official add-on repository but unsure what to do next , i noticed a lot of scripts in post 1 do i need to install them all ,

I really recommend reading the wiki as it answers most of your questions.

You only need the add-ons if you can benefit from the features they offer, and they do offer a wide range of different features. Use the links in the wiki or first post to see what the different add-ons offer.

Some add-ons are automatically installed with the skin. Other add-ons you need to install using the Kodi add-on repository from within Kodi. The rest of the add-ons need to be downloaded manually from Guthub and installed from zip inside Kodi.

(2015-06-16, 21:09)flowerpot Wrote: with the categories are there names for different things with in this skin , also does it have options to go into logo view and shift case etc in movies

Use the skin settings to create custom categories and submenus. If you create them using the built in presets, you have most features covered.

Views (also clear logo and clear art) are selected in the libraries using the View and View Options buttons in the top menu bar.

(2015-06-16, 21:09)flowerpot Wrote: i download your repo as well and added it then the screen went black , do i need to install from github as well , many thanks for your help and advice

The black screen is when the currently used skin updates, which sometimes it takes a while.

No need to install using Github.
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rapier 7.9.0 for Kodi 14.x Helix [DEPRECATED]2